VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, how I wish I had talent like this in anything I do... :banghead:

Found this guy's work on another site I frequent. Even if you're not a fan of other brands, he has a couple of drawings of original Beetles and Buses for your viewing pleasure. Check out his work here... Enjoy! :wave:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Those are really interesting. I especially like the Cadillac. :thumbup:

I think the artist would do well to move to a cleaner medium. Paper and No. 2 pencil just doesn't have the consistency, range and depth in terms of value and obviously color that would do these pieces justice.

·
Registered
19,819 Posts

I think the artist would do well to move to a cleaner medium. Paper and No. 2 pencil just doesn't have the consistency, range and depth in terms of value and obviously color that would do these pieces justice.
I agree with you. However, i have a huge appreciation for paper/pencil drawings of this caliber....and wish i had the talent to do something similiar

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
He has more than just car drawings - he has drawn buildings and people as well. He has an amazing eye for proportion, facial shapes, and of course, detail. These are astounding.

·
Registered
88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,073 Posts

I have never understood how people could critique something as subjective as art.

Regardless of the medium used, they are certainly getting done justice. I personally like the more simplistic method especially when results like this achieved. :thumbup:

·
Banned
926 Posts
nice portfolio

·
Banned
926 Posts

·
Banned
926 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have never understood how people could critique something as subjective as art.

Regardless of the medium used, they are certainly getting done justice. I personally like the more simplistic method especially when results like this achieved. :thumbup:
Anyone can critique art because it's subjective! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts