VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this problem as do most of us. After seeing many people not getting it taken care of , which is somewhat understandable, I had not bothered with it. It never does it when you take it there so they do not know what to look for. So I had to go in for a wheel replacement and mentioned it to the guy there who is amazing about anything that needs to be done. They of course couldn't get it to repeat the issue. They spent a few hours going though it but could not find anything. They could not get permission to have the pump replaced based on what I have read everyone here said. So he asked me to forward him all the posts from the forums. He forwarded them on and looked into it further. I stopped back at the shop the other day and he tells me it is now an official problem in the system and there is an official fix for it. He told he already had the replacement pieces ordered for it. At this point it is not fixed but they are ordered and it is now available to all dealers. So any of you should be able to all go and get this taken care of. He did tell me it is indeed a pump that he is told to order in order for this fix to take place.

So ..... :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Kevin :eek::screwy::eek:

·
Registered
826 Posts
So I have this problem as do most of us. After seeing many people not getting it taken care of , which is somewhat understandable, I had not bothered with it. It never does it when you take it there so they do not know what to look for. So I had to go in for a wheel replacement and mentioned it to the guy there who is amazing about anything that needs to be done. They of course couldn't get it to repeat the issue. They spent a few hours going though it but could not find anything. They could not get permission to have the pump replaced based on what I have read everyone here said. So he asked me to forward him all the posts from the forums. He forwarded them on and looked into it further. I stopped back at the shop the other day and he tells me it is now an official problem in the system and there is an official fix for it. He told he already had the replacement pieces ordered for it. At this point it is not fixed but they are ordered and it is now available to all dealers. So any of you should be able to all go and get this taken care of. He did tell me it is indeed a pump that he is told to order in order for this fix to take place.

Calling VW of America now to confirm.. Anything regarding wind noise..??:confused:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've found that the best way of getting it to dribble is to accelerate over a bump. It seems every time I hit a bump while slamming on the gas, I notice a dribble afterwards.

That being said, would love to find out which parts are needed so I can go through my dealer.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
mines been dormant for some time (i took off the rear wiper arm) and i just noticed it leaked for the first time yesterday in months.... i havent used the fluid in over 2 months so i dont know what the deal was, but whatever its a simple fix to wipe the window and it disappears... i did notice it dribbled a little bit of rust, which makes me a little nervous

·
Registered
MINI R60 JCW, BMW F30 B58
4,120 Posts
Has anyone here done this fix and approves?

I am not convinced that it is the pump. It looks more like water trapped behind the spoiler. I hardly use my rear washer and mine only happens hours after a rainfalll or carwash and stops till the next time I wash the car.

Can Golf 2.5 owners without rear spoiler confirm if theirs leak as most have beeen GTI owners.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Has anyone here done this fix and approves?

I am not convinced that it is the pump. It looks more like water trapped behind the spoiler. I hardly use my rear washer and mine only happens hours after a rainfalll or carwash and stops till the next time I wash the car.

Can Golf 2.5 owners without rear spoiler confirm if theirs leak as most have beeen GTI owners.
ive got a 2.5 and every car has SOME sort of spoiler (even though the golf is a lot less pronounced than the GTI one) but yeah mine rarely leaks, but like i just mentioned above, dribbled a little bit recently

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

I'm guessing the dealer is Douglas VW? I'm going in a few weeks for my courtesy check. So I hope to be able to get it looked at then. How long is the fix?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've found that the best way of getting it to dribble is to accelerate over a bump. It seems every time I hit a bump while slamming on the gas, I notice a dribble afterwards.
Agreed. I also seem to notice it a lot when I accelerate through a hard left turn.

Anyone know where this pump in question resides in the car? Is it in the engine bay or elsewhere in the car. Just wondering where the techs will need to access to make the repair.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oddly enough my dribble seems to have mostly solved itself after I switched from the dealer filled winshield washer fluid to the Prestone one I usually use. :screwy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
binky2k said:
I have a TDI with the small spoiler and can honestly say mine has never leaked.
I too have the TDI and have never had a dribble.
That makes three of us. I too have a TDI and no leak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2.5 and the nozzle would activate, not just drip, every time I activated the rear wiper. I was using it properly as instructed by the manual and not activating the nozzle accidentally. After a few days of driving and a couple more uses of the rear wiper, it stopped activating on its own.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.