VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: Amazing (87Cabriolet)

It's nice and all, but no way I'd pay $9k for that. The same exact car in the same condition with, say, 100k miles would be worth $1,000 - MAYBE. The low miles is nice, but not THAT nice. IMO.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Re: Amazing (DaveLinger)

Quote, originally posted by DaveLinger »
It's nice and all, but no way I'd pay $9k for that. The same exact car in the same condition with, say, 100k miles would be worth $1,000 - MAYBE. The low miles is nice, but not THAT nice. IMO.

Amen! And for an automatic, at that...? I'd have a hard time with that figure but would still be a wee bit more generous, Dave...

I know of a very similar (between '90 and '93 and visually identical) find with the 5-speed in Oak Grove, KY for around $3000... Still high but the better deal in my mind...
She's pretty, though, I'll grant you that!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Re: (briano1234)

Quote, originally posted by briano1234 »
I will print it out, and use it the next time some one wrecks my cab.

No kidding...seriously.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Re: Amazing (native-texan_in_tn)

Quote, originally posted by native-texan_in_tn »

Amen! And for an automatic, at that...?

Ha a slush box maybe that's why it only has 17K on it.

A well maintained car with mileage can be better than a low mileage car of the same vintage. Because parts can deteriorate from long periods of non use.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: Amazing (h2ovwlover)

Quote, originally posted by h2ovwlover »
A well maintained car with mileage can be better than a low mileage car of the same vintage. Because parts can deteriorate from long periods of non use.

Exactly. You would still end up replacing about as many parts as a car with normal or high mileage, at which point you'd end up with a mighty expensive car.
The interior would probably be awful nice tho, and little to no rust if it's been garaged that whole time.

·
Registered
18,222 Posts
Whoa, that thing is just up the freeway from me!

And, sorry, but I kindly disagree with y'all. If the thing is still in showroom condition and the mileage checks out, it is indeed worth $5000-8000.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: (Frankenvdub)

Why does the word "rare", connected with anything on craig's list, set off a red light with me?

-dasdachshund

1 - 13 of 13 Posts