VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i've been doing some research on audi world on a couple of chip makers for audi/VW and i came cross AmD... they alreayd have a couple of products available for the B6 S4 so i contacted them to see if they have anything availabe for the V8 Touareg... and this was their reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry, we can also remap the Touareg V8 here on the rolling road. This will achieve the same gains as on the S4 of about +30bhp. The cost for this package is £850+VAT fitted, please call if you would like to arrange a booking.

Ed Jackson
AMD Technik
T:+44(0)1869 323205
F:+44(0)1869 323206
http://www.amdtechnik.com

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the company. The company does not take
any responsibility for the views of the author.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
for the presence of computer viruses.

I just replied his email requesting for more info on the package and hopefully they'll get back to me by next week.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Re: AmD chip (not computer chip) that will increase ~+30bhp (hotdaymnitzbao)

Quote, originally posted by hotdaymnitzbao »

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry, we can also remap the Touareg V8 here on the rolling road. This will achieve the same gains as on the S4 of about +30bhp. The cost for this package is £850+VAT fitted, please call if you would like to arrange a booking.
Ed Jackson
AMD Technik

I just replied his email requesting for more info on the package and hopefully they'll get back to me by next week.

Sounds interesting.... do you have any info on what would be needed to install the mod ? or is that what you are waiting for? Warranty issues has kept my Super Charger dreams on hold.... I wonder if this would void the warranty as well...

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Re: AmD chip (sup44)

May I ask a dumb question - what will going to this chip achieve in terms of performance or systems stability gains on a Touareg?
Cy

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm still waiting for their reply.
and cy... the new S4 and the V8 have the same engine just with different programming, exhuast/intake system.
so it'll be fairly easy for them to mod the chip for the S4 and make something for us.
i'm guessing with the chip, we'll be able to have about 30more hp... but i guess i'll really have to wait for their email so i don't start talking out of my a$$ again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Re: (hotdaymnitzbao)

I don't want to ruin anybodys dreams of achieving super horsepower, but there is no way you will get an extra 30hp from only a chip on an normally aspirated car such as the V8. You can get those figures from a turbo charged car. The way to get a "noticable" difference would be either by supercharging or increasing displacement.
Cris

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (LittleSkull)

agree.
30 seems a little optimistic.
well the email did mention "package"... just gonna have to wait and see what's included.
hopefully a cat backed exhaust

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Re: (LittleSkull)

Quote, originally posted by LittleSkull »
I don't want to ruin anybodys dreams of achieving super horsepower, but there is no way you will get an extra 30hp from only a chip on an normally aspirated car such as the V8. You can get those figures from a turbo charged car. The way to get a "noticable" difference would be either by supercharging or increasing displacement.
Cris

I was about to say the same thing. Perhaps they mean 30+ increase on the V10???

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would recommend waiting to see some independent dyno testing before anyone thinks about purchasing this chip. As several people have mentioned it is extremely difficult to get a substantial hp increase from a normally aspirated engine with just a chip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: (cybulman)

Does anyone know if they make a chip for the V-10 yet? A nice boost in HP for the deisel will make it have better gas mileage as well...

·
Registered
47,324 Posts
Re: (MHadden)

ABT makes one for about $2200. HP goes to 373. Just looking at it today.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok this is the reply i got from AmD USA
Dear Christina,

Thank you for your email.

We do have products available for your vehicle - Currently we have an introductory "Stage I" offer at $899.00 featuring ~375BHP & ~350lbs ft torque at the crank.

This is a mail in offer, meaning that you'd need to send you ECU in to us to be modified. An additional $30 is required for shipping.

Usually, this software is priced at $999.00.

You'd need to be aware that this may affect your warranty depending on your relationship with your dealer.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is the reply from AmD UK
Hi,

The remap itself is done here on the rolling road and adjusts various areas of the software in order to achieve the power increase. We do not raise the rev limiter however we can remove the top speed governor should you want us to.

Best regards,

Ed Jackson
AMD Technik

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

I would love to see the dyno results on this... If it was that easy to get 375hp out of our motor don't you think Audi would be doing it on the S4?
I can believe 30hp because the S4 makes 340hp and the A8 and Phaeton make 335 with the same engine- just a matter of tuning. I would prefer the Phaeton/A8 tuning since it has 317ft/lbs torque. The S4 is the same as ours(302ft/lbs).
You are obsessed with upgrading Christina. You may want to go to a 12 step program(T-reg's Annonymous???)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (chickdr)

Quote, originally posted by chickdr »
I
You are obsessed with upgrading Christina. You may want to go to a 12 step program(T-reg's Annonymous???)

12 step program??!!?? what is it?

·
Registered
702 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hotdaymnitzbao »

12 step program??!!?? what is it?

It is what my wife has me on to save our marriage... 1st step.... Stop spending $$ on the Dang TReg...
I haven't completed step 1 yet..... I hear step 2 is even harder
I can't imagine the difficulty of steps 3-12.... I think the creed is "take one day at a time"

Modified by sup44 at 10:39 PM 5-24-2004

1 - 20 of 46 Posts