VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Re: american v8 push rods.. what modern import car could you swap one into nowadays? (hoodwinkvr6)

E36 BMWs seem to be the next big thing.
Mallett motorsports is reportedly stuffing LS2s into the Solstice/Sky. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: american v8 push rods.. what modern import car could you swap one into nowadays? (DohRado)

Quote, originally posted by DohRado »
i've seen ls1s in rx7s and 944s, hell even miatas. if it's rwd there's a good chance someone can shoehorn a smallblock in there.

ok.. more specific.. post 2000..??

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: american v8 push rods.. what modern import car could you swap one into nowadays? (hoodwinkvr6)

I think post 2000 is a little tricky, but I would say it would probably be a good fit into any of Nissan's FM cars. I remember there being an sbc swap in an older 911... so I guess it could be done to a newer one too (since they're the same shape anyway
) Of course this depends on the nature of your question... because you *could* do it to any modern import car you wanted... but I assume you're talking about a modern car that will accept an SBC the way older Jaguars, Z Cars, and RX-7s do.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hoodwinkvr6 »

ok.. more specific.. post 2000..??

sorry, i guess i misunderstood the question. what specifics are you looking for? you can shoehorn a v8 into post-2000 miatas too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.