VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I’ve hinted at over the past couple months I’ve been working on an interior swap. I found a local guy parting out one of these.

After a quick google search I found that he was selling these.

Obviously I jumped at the chance to pick these up as they are far superior to Jetta leathers. It took a while to get work started on them but the swap has finally been completed, sort of. These seats are awesome as they have far superior bolstering and support than OEM seats and have all the same OEM features and more, with the inclusion of bolster adjustment in addition to lumbar adjustment for comfort. I designed a basic base plate bracket to allow the seats to be bolted down as the AMG seat bases are slightly narrower than the mkv. The original design had some issues, so after a redesign and a few modifications I finally got them bolted in. Right now, seats don’t move as the AMGs don’t have built in seat controls so I plan on building a controller using window switches molded into the front door map pockets to control the functionality. That can wait though, next priority is wiring up the heated seats. I wanna give a huge thank you to my buddy Alex (stoop here on Vortex) who fabbed the brackets for me and helped with the whole design and install process. Anyhow, on to pictures. Sorry, they are all cell phone pictures.

First bracket design, test fit, and bracket modifications.

First time being bolted in in place with original bracket.

First look at the new bracket design in paint.

Before installation.

Finally seats bolted in.

I'll get more pictures later. First impressions of them in the 5 blocks I've gone Im on the fence. Seat bottomed out is about 1/2-1" higher than stock which is weird feeling to me. I gotta adjust it more to get it perfect.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12,944 Posts
Last week I met up with a couple buddies who wanted to feature my car on their new site. I was stoked to be their first feature, let me know what you guys think. For the full shoot, go to Drksde..

awesome looking car, with incredible seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I’ve hinted at over the past couple months I’ve been working on an interior swap. I found a local guy parting out one of these.

After a quick google search I found that he was selling these.

Obviously I jumped at the chance to pick these up as they are far superior to Jetta leathers. It took a while to get work started on them but the swap has finally been completed, sort of. These seats are awesome as they have far superior bolstering and support than OEM seats and have all the same OEM features and more, with the inclusion of bolster adjustment in addition to lumbar adjustment for comfort. I designed a basic base plate bracket to allow the seats to be bolted down as the AMG seat bases are slightly narrower than the mkv. The original design had some issues, so after a redesign and a few modifications I finally got them bolted in. Right now, seats don’t move as the AMGs don’t have built in seat controls so I plan on building a controller using window switches molded into the front door map pockets to control the functionality. That can wait though, next priority is wiring up the heated seats. I wanna give a huge thank you to my buddy Alex (stoop here on Vortex) who fabbed the brackets for me and helped with the whole design and install process. Anyhow, on to pictures. Sorry, they are all cell phone pictures.

First bracket design, test fit, and bracket modifications.

First time being bolted in in place with original bracket.

First look at the new bracket design in paint.

Before installation.

Finally seats bolted in.

I'll get more pictures later. First impressions of them in the 5 blocks I've gone Im on the fence. Seat bottomed out is about 1/2-1" higher than stock which is weird feeling to me. I gotta adjust it more to get it perfect.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Dayyyuuumm i like what i we made!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.