VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install an Aftermarket AMP to my monsoon system so can some help me out wiring it? Where should I connect the power + wire and negetive - wire? Do I have to run a wire to through the firewall to the battery ?
Thanks,
-- Nick

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Re: Amp Install (nicko)

as far as i know (haven't worked w/ monsoon)... the best bet would be to run your positive wire to the battery via the firewall... and the negative ground wire somewhere close to the amp to ground it... if you pull the seats and the trunk liner, you'll find a bunch of places to ground it to the chassis of the car... you just wanna put this as close to the amp as you can get really... no need in running it to the battery negative terminal... too much hassle...

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Amp Install (archVR6)

Would I need to drill a hole to run the wire through the firewall?
-- nick

·
Registered
197 Posts

You do not drill a hole through the firewall. There are alreayd holes in place. I fed my power wire through the hole near the center of the car. I don't have pics to show you but its easy to spot.

·
Registered
226 Posts

You may be able to get away with feeding the cable for a small gauge line (8awg) through a grommit that is already there....just be very careful what you place the wire near under the hood and be EXTRA careful about the tool piercing through the insulation on an existing wire....
Or you could drill a hole and go to home depot and get a grommit yourself. I always think it is easier just to drill but you still have to careful because you may not see clearly what is on the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts