VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share this with you guys since we're all going to be doing a lot of road tripping for shows etc in the near future.
Granted it probably won't provide as much protection as painters tape..but it's better than nothing and doesn't look quite so goofy

I tried it out for several days on my SUV
.. and it seemed to provide a decent level of protection and it also washed off with little to no effort.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shield.html

· Registered
3,605 Posts
Re: An alternative to blue painters tape for road trips (jhayesvw)

painters tape can get expensive after awhile, but it really does work.
i used it driving from here to Oregon, round trip. holds up rather well in stormy weather too.

· Registered
4,714 Posts
Re: An alternative to blue painters tape for road trips (Lenz)

Quote, originally posted by Lenz »

painters tape can get expensive after awhile, but it really does work.
i used it driving from here to Oregon, round trip. holds up rather well in stormy weather too.

I may need to abuse my Dunn Edwards discount and get an ass load of painters tape and sell it at reduced price

· Banned
3,051 Posts
Re: An alternative to blue painters tape for road trips (AZPsychobilly)

Quote, originally posted by AZPsychobilly »

I may need to abuse my Dunn Edwards discount and get an ass load of painters tape and sell it at reduced price

You work for Dunn Edwards???.... I'm getting ready to paint both the inside and outside of my house...

· Registered
12,536 Posts
Re: An alternative to blue painters tape for road trips (VR6inAZ)

Here we go. Back in the day when I drove from Sacramento to Riverside 489 miles. I would go to Lowes or Home Depot. Ask for Shield Protector, Goes on top of the carpet. Very little to none residue left behind. Do not leave on the vehicle for more than two days. If needed removed old protector, wash car, reapply. I left it on for 4 days and had to detail the front end due to heat and adhesive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.