VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You sure did! You must have been at Lottie’s ice cream. I was eating across the street at Laconda Revelo! The 996 got a few tree droppings on it!
Yes, the family loves Lotties! I’ve never been to Laconda Revelo, maybe I’ll add it to the list of places to try out.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Yes, the family loves Lotties! I’ve never been to Laconda Revelo, maybe I’ll add it to the list of places to try out.
Send me a pm, email or text and come test drive the 996 one day!

And Laconda Revelo is very good, classic Italian run by real die-hard Italians. Try the Linguini Carbonara. But it’s hard to displace my favorite restaurant in Danville, though: Revel is still the best eatery downtown, IMO.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Send me a pm, email or text and come test drive the 996 one day!

And Laconda Revelo is very good, classic Italian run by real die-hard Italians. Try the Linguini Carbonara. But it’s hard to displace my favorite restaurant in Danville, though: Revel is still the best eatery downtown, IMO.
I have very fond memories of the 60K+ miles I put on my 996 Turbo back in the day but haven't been in a 996 in probably 7+ years. I actually recently unloaded the "fun" cars as it's hard to find time to drive them with kids + working from home. I'll send you a PM!

Revel I've been too and definitely agree. Love the Oysters and Lamb sliders.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Revel I've been too and definitely agree. Love the Oysters and Lamb sliders.
I LOVE the lamb sliders. If you haven't had the chicken sliders with garlic aioli, cheddar, and red pepper jam on house-made biscuits... you must!

My go to is to order both the lamb and chicken sliders and split both with someone. No bad choices. One with truffle fries, one with house-made chips.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Also, Kapoosh... Maybe you should be a reader of my blog "Day've Trips". where I suggest cool roads, good hikes, and tasty food around Northern California. Also on IG at "dayvetrips"

I LOVE the lamb sliders. If you haven't had the chicken sliders with garlic aioli, cheddar, and red pepper jam on house-made biscuits... you must!

My go to is to order both the lamb and chicken sliders and split both with someone. No bad choices. One with truffle fries, one with house-made chips.
Now I'm hungry, I'll put it on the list for this week.

And I'll definitely check out the Blog, still only been in NorCal for a few years so always looking for places to check out!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I washed the 996 up and took her for a ride yesterday, and as I came home I saw my neighbor had pulled out his GT4 and his GT3RS. The GT3RS had a dead battery (he rarely pulls these cars out... less than 1000 miles on each). I helped him start his GT3RS and took the opportunity to compare the look of the 996 Aero Kit to the GT4. I'd say there is a strong family resemblance ;-)

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Dave...old friend...buddy...listen...

Please kindly inform your neighbor I'll drive his GT cars so he doesn't experience the pain & suffering of a dead battery again.
I will suggest to him that once a month you can fly up and take one car on an epic weekend road trip. And I’ll join you, so maybe I’ll ask him also for some food money. As long as we are trying, we might as well go for it and eat well, too !

Seriously, I give him a hard time constantly about not driving those cars. He drives his Tesla every day to work. He is missing the fun.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts