VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
3,401 Posts
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »

And I gotta wonder if you woulda had us do the install at the shop like we planned if this woulda went down this way...ya know? Maybe this was a product of your own impulsiveness...I don't know.

no, were more than competent to work on his car. obviously theres going to be some bugs to work out.. but that still beats paying someone else to do it.

· Banned
3,401 Posts
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »

wasn't insulting anyone's competent level at all, but honestly if you have soo much faith it seems there would never be this MANY bugs. And I have heard about a lot of bugs. SOME huge bugs. And also why aren't you guys throwin his coils back on for him then? Because it seems that is worth paying money for. Not to mention, the deal I put my ass on the line for to do his install really really cheap, just to try and help him out. But I'm glad you competent guys were on top of it so I got a ton of phone calls afterwards on how to fix it.

everything hes had problems with was discussed before we even started the install. with a set screw and smaller airlines we would have been golden.
i would have gladly helped put his coils back on. but youre right, after i personally took them on and off multiple times that night, i totally forgot how!
dont act like youre the ****ing air bag messiah. its a simple install.
i knew he thought you were a cool guy who could help him with his questions but apparently your help costs money.

· Banned
3,401 Posts
It doesnt really matter how much the install would cost, nobody but me and my friends touch my car. Id rather look at it broken than send it to a shop. That being said, when i was stuck with some motor issues Chad from SCI was more than happy to help me over the phone free of charge. I doubt he would complain about my wasting his time either.
Also, i wouldnt really call them heavyweights in our scene. we care about more than bagged big turbo mk4s in minnesota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.