VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 172 Posts

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »
OH MY GOSH HOLY ISH WTF!?!?!!?
When did this happen, glad that place worked out for the fittings that no one could find you
Who's notching your frame?

did it this past weekend. im coming into further on thursday to have the frame notched, so youre doing it

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Re: (silver saloon)

mmkay so i just looked and ive got about 3/8 of an inch between the tire and fender liner. im assuming my bags arent low enough on the shock right? i also dont hear anything hit went i deflate the fronts...
my plan is to spin the perches down a little more, maybe an inch or so. i'll have to see. do i need both perches? or will the weight of the car be enough to make sure the perch wont go down further
im also gonna cut the strut bushings a bunch. hopefully that'll get me a lot lower

· Banned
4,875 Posts

how much room do you have between the bottom of the bag and the tire on those steelies?
I wouldn't touch the bushings until you have spun the bag down as far as you feel comfortable with.

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Re: (tmvw)

Quote, originally posted by tmvw »
how much room do you have between the bottom of the bag and the tire on those steelies?
I wouldn't touch the bushings until you have spun the bag down as far as you feel comfortable with.

that i dont know yet. this weekend im gonna pull off the bumper and fenders to see. i think ive got alot of room thou

· Banned
4,875 Posts

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »

that i dont know yet. this weekend im gonna pull off the bumper and fenders to see. i think ive got alot of room thou

Werd. Do you have spacers you could use up front by any chance? Even better to space the steelies out to move away from the whole strut assembly and bag...

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Re: (tmvw)

Quote, originally posted by tmvw »

Werd. Do you have spacers you could use up front by any chance? Even better to space the steelies out to move away from the whole strut assembly and bag...

ooo good idea. i dont have any at the moment but i could very well pick up some

· Registered
2,982 Posts

did you notch your frame too

Get that thing over sometime so I can see why you are soo high in the front still.
You shouldn't have to take off your front end to see how close the bag is to the tire
Page 3 is mine

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »
did you notch your frame too

Get that thing over sometime so I can see why you are soo high in the front still.
You shouldn't have to take off your front end to see how close the bag is to the tire
Page 3 is mine

haha, i would swing over tomorrow but tristan said youre out hunting
so i guess we'll get it notched next week.
that front is pissing me off so much. i need to get it way down! tonight im gonna try to figure out whats going on

· Banned
4,875 Posts

i need to get it way down! tonight im gonna try to figure out whats going on

your bags aren't spun down enough

· Registered
7,252 Posts

oh, they were corvette sawblades. the centers were powdercoated a flat black. i sold them thou. something better is comin

They are quickly making there way through the community. Congrats on the air ride.

61 - 80 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.