VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

They are quickly making there way through the community. Congrats on the air ride.

thanks man.
this weekend im definitely gonna work on my car!! ive been swamped with stuff to do for school so i havent had time.
regarding the fronts, i know i have AT LEAST an 1 1/4- 1 1/2" of thread before it gets close to the tire so im gonna crank them down a ton

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Re: (silver saloon)

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »

regarding the fronts, i know i have AT LEAST an 1 1/4- 1 1/2" of thread before it gets close to the tire so im gonna crank them down a ton

haha jeeeeeez! get on that!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Re: (tmvw)

Quote, originally posted by Buck Russell »
hey join the club. i just turned in an assignment worth 25% of my grade. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

yep, its finals week so ive got a TON to do. at least after thursday i'll be on break til December 1st

Quote, originally posted by tmvw »

haha jeeeeeez! get on that!

haha, yeah i know. when i put them in i guessed on the bag height, then when i put the wheel on the tire was about a finger gap away from the bag. it wouldve been perfect but someone convinced me to crank it up

·
Registered
18,332 Posts
nice i'm pushing to come home earlier than the 18th. got way too much to do on the car and it needs at least 2 weeks at the body shop and then i have to install the air. thats basically my whole vacation right there http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Re: (Buck Russell)

nice i'm pushing to come home earlier than the 18th. got way too much to do on the car and it needs at least 2 weeks at the body shop and then i have to install the air. thats basically my whole vacation right there http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

oh wow, so then your back to england for the year after?

·
Registered
18,332 Posts
nah i'm back in the states for the rest of my college career. however, i'm flying back a whole week later than my school in the states gets out. thus it's majorly sucking if i come back the 18th.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

nah i'm back in the states for the rest of my college career. however, i'm flying back a whole week later than my school in the states gets out. thus it's majorly sucking if i come back the 18th.

right on. that kinda sucks but id think it would be worth it for what you get to experience over there

·
Registered
18,332 Posts
yeah i mean my biggest gripe is i'm losing a week to chill with my girl and the family. then i could get the car into the body shop sooner and not have to crunch all my **** into three weeks. oh and now british airways is not allowing me to adjust my ticket because i've taken half the trip. like who the hell cares, i'll pay the fee just change my flight.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

yeah i mean my biggest gripe is i'm losing a week to chill with my girl and the family. then i could get the car into the body shop sooner and not have to crunch all my **** into three weeks. oh and now british airways is not allowing me to adjust my ticket because i've taken half the trip. like who the hell cares, i'll pay the fee just change my flight.

sucks. i hate stupid stuff like that. hopefully it all works out

·
Registered
6,267 Posts

personally i wouldnt worry about how the car sits with the steelies as long as it sits nice with the flashy wheels. notching the frame will do absolutley nothing at that hieght. you need to either space the bag away from the strut or put other wheels on, spin the bag down and see how it looks. chop the **** out of the strut bushing too.
you definitely dont need to pull the fenders off just to get the bag reasonably close. raise the car all the way up in the front, stick you hand between the tire and the bag and check your clearance. you dont need much.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »

i know. thats what i was implying. i know that def it cuz when i deflate the fronts i dont hear it hit or rest on anything.

also the bags would be sitting on the inner sleeve on the front so they are hitting that
oh man i would love to see that thing slammed on the vette wheels but i just saw you sold them

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Re: (PAULITO)

Quote, originally posted by PAULITO »

also the bags would be sitting on the inner sleeve on the front so they are hitting that
oh man i would love to see that thing slammed on the vette wheels but i just saw you sold them

yeah i kinda regret it but something better will be coming

thanks for your input. im not concerned about getting the frame notched now because i know i'll be able to still go super low. i know still fantana doesnt have his notched and hes still sitting at like 21 something in the front

i know its not that big of a deal with my steelies but i still want to get it way down! for sure thou, im gonna pull off the fenders and try to get that bag as close as possible
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Re: (PAULITO)

Quote, originally posted by PAULITO »
if i recall fantana is running a small profile tire thats why his frame doesnt have to be notched to be low

right on, i'll be running a 40 series on my new wheels so i shouldnt have an issue

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·

So today i worked on getting that front down. I pulled out the fender liners and bumper. Easier than taking the fender off btw. I got it down a little over an inch more. Thats the absolute lowest i can get those bags to go with those wheels safely. Bottom line, i need different wheels. Offsets are way too high. And no, im not gonna put spacers on. The wheels wont fit on with spacers, tried it today.
Also, i somehow popped one of the rear bags. Randomly as i aired it up i heard it loose pressure. I looked futher at it and realized it collapsed weird. It fell forward really far then the fitting must have punctured the bag as it tried to sit upright. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif Then later on, i finished up and was gonna take the car for a drive. I aired up the passenger right to about 90 psi to compensate for the blown driver rear. I backed out of the driveway and right as i was backing into the street, i heard the other rear bag pop. ****KKK!!! Im so pissed.
To add to that, my passenger door now wont really open or close. Somethings really messed up with it. Also, the metal strut caps are sitting right. They pop up like half an inch even though they are torqued down all the way.

What a great day http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Thanks again john for staying on the phone with me earlier http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I really appreciate it!

Modified by silver saloon at 8:34 PM 11-22-2008

81 - 100 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.