VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 120 of 172 Posts

· Registered
13,648 Posts
Re: (midwest dubin)

Thats so ****ty bro.
Your bags proly popped cus ur using 90 degree fittings... U need to keep that fitting from coming close to the rubber...
You need to use straight male fittings, and do 1/4" line to the rear. The NPT threaded size is should be 1/8. So get 2 1/8NPT-1/4" OD male connectors from suicide..

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »
Thats so ****ty bro.
Your bags proly popped cus ur using 90 degree fittings... U need to keep that fitting from coming close to the rubber...
You need to use straight male fittings, and do 1/4" line to the rear. The NPT threaded size is should be 1/8. So get 2 1/8NPT-1/4" OD male connectors from suicide..

Yeah but ive got 1/2" lines. I suppose i could find a straight fitting to work..
John and i were talking about putting a set screw in the top of the bag to hold it in place and prevent it from collapsing weird. I think that would definitely prevent it from happening again

· Registered
13,648 Posts
Re: (silver saloon)

1/2" change that son... its jsut harder to bend and run, and it flows too fast... It'll be less hassle... If anything do 3/8s. But play w/ some 1/4" and u'll like it more. I guarantee it

· Registered
13,648 Posts

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »
what about the manifolds? i could prolly get a 1/4" to 1/2" elbow right?

easystreet manifolds are 3/8s, not 1/2". so then u get 2 1/4"OD to 3/8sNPT male elbows

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Re: (Swoops)

Quote, originally posted by Swoops »
why run a 40 series tire? the wheel looks too small and you do have bags ya know. with some modification you can be at 21" with 45 series tire. see PIFF.

true. i ran a 40 series in front on my sawblades and it worked quite well. just my preference i guess

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·

Well i started working on getting the rear bags out tonight. Upon further inspection, the passengers side is way worse. The whole fitting snapped off so i now cant get the small piece out of the bracket.. WTF! I now have to order the whole rear kit i guess since i wont be able to use the brackets. Also i couldnt get the bags out. Tried pounding with a rubber hammer on the bottom, nothing. They feel like theyre frozen in there. I just put it aside for the night cuz i have other stuff to do.
I really dont need to be dealing with this **** right now. This thing just keeps sucking money out of me that wasnt budgeted for it. I need to be spending money on stuff that actually matters, like a house and my future. A part of me really wants to sell it

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Re: (G-Magoo)

i'll take some pics once i get the rear bags out to show the damage.
all that needs to happen in the future is to get a different fitting and put a set screw in place on the top of the bag so that it wont be able to collapse weird

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·

Well im switching to 1/4" airline (yes Santi i know
) so i got a 5 gallon aluminum 4 port tank coming, along with the neccisary fittings to convert and 1/4" airline. Also new firestone rear bags are coming http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Thanks so much Kevin. I cant thank you enough for your help http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
13,648 Posts

haha. trust me, it'll work better.
As for taking the bags out, its the bottom piece right? try putting a screw driver in between the beam and the bottom of the bracket.

· Registered
9,051 Posts

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »
Well i started working on getting the rear bags out tonight. Upon further inspection, the passengers side is way worse. The whole fitting snapped off so i now cant get the small piece out of the bracket.. WTF! I now have to order the whole rear kit i guess since i wont be able to use the brackets. Also i couldnt get the bags out. Tried pounding with a rubber hammer on the bottom, nothing. They feel like theyre frozen in there. I just put it aside for the night cuz i have other stuff to do.
I really dont need to be dealing with this **** right now. This thing just keeps sucking money out of me that wasnt budgeted for it. I need to be spending money on stuff that actually matters, like a house and my future. A part of me really wants to sell it

Dang man

101 - 120 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.