VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Re: (moacur)

Tonight i got the rear bags out finally. What santi said helped. I just jammed a flat head screwdriver underneath the bottom bracket, from below, and basically pushed it up. The whole bracket must just get seated on there after the weight of the car pushes it down. Also, put in the rear springs, didnt even bother putting in the perches theyre worthless.
Heres some pics of the carnage
first bag

this concerns me. its been rubbing on something. maybe the fitting?

other bag

same story on the other bag.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Re: (silver saloon)

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »

You can STILL get that out man, that bracket should be fine if that was the only thing you were worried about with it, just bring it by the shop and we can run an easyout into it and get it out no problem.
As for your holes in the bags, it doens't look like the holes line up with the fiitings above. It's hard to tell to from those pics though.
Sucks, sorry to see man, but this is just kinda why I wanted you to bring it by the shop.....ya know

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »

You can STILL get that out man, that bracket should be fine if that was the only thing you were worried about with it, just bring it by the shop and we can run an easyout into it and get it out no problem.
As for your holes in the bags, it doens't look like the holes line up with the fiitings above. It's hard to tell to from those pics though.
Sucks, sorry to see man, but this is just kinda why I wanted you to bring it by the shop.....ya know

Yep im gonna get that fitting out. As far as the hole, now im not sure what tore it cuz the hole is right next to the fitting.
I decided that i wanna run the lines inside the car now. Heres my thought, for the fronts, run the lines under the back seats, through the center console, then through the grommet in the firewall then out through the fenders. Kevin told me how i should do the rears, run the lines through the grommets where the abs lines come in, then down to the bag.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Re: (TickTack)

you can keep the lines outside the car...
yeah those big ass fittings and 1/2" lines are a hassle..

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »
you can keep the lines outside the car...
yeah those big ass fittings and 1/2" lines are a hassle..

yeah i know but wouldnt it be easier to run them inside? especially concidering that i dont have access to a lift so it would be a bitch to run them again...

·
Registered
13,648 Posts

Just put one side on jackstands, run it. Then do the other wise. Or put all 4 corners in jack stands. I don't use a lift.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts

Quote, originally posted by silver saloon »
I guess. But would that be worth doing? I feel like that would be a better route to go, running them through the interior

i think its gonna be more of a hassle, i've ran many lines and wires, and interior is a pain... and thats wires which are way more flexible than airline...

121 - 140 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.