VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

· Registered
4,410 Posts
Re: (justrave)

i didn't get the memo...are VW guys hating on Suby guys now? are we off Hondas?

good luck with selling the mk4, and hopefully the suby works out for you, and make it cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Re: (Ambrose Burnsides)

Quote, originally posted by Ambrose Burnsides »
i didn't get the memo...are VW guys hating on Suby guys now? are we off Hondas?

good luck with selling the mk4, and hopefully the suby works out for you, and make it cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks man. I appreciate it

I honestly dont care if people "approve" of me selling my car. Im at a point in my life of needing to be putting money elsewhere, like saving for my future. There ARE more important things to life than cars. Not leaving the scene or anything, but im done with the modding thing for a bit. This car has been a money pit for me and i need to get out of it. I also really really want AWD. When i drive 30 miles each way to school everyday, it'll come in handy with this rough winter coming up. So for now, i just want something reliable, relatively cheap to maintain, and definitely AWD. Thought about an Audi w/ Quattro, but theyre a tad overpriced and too expensive to maintain. I dont plan on modding the subi, i just need it to get me from point A to B.

Modified by silver saloon at 9:29 PM 12-9-2008

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Re: (moacur)

Quote, originally posted by moacur »

Oh Gawd
A WRX
:where's the puke icon:
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

ROFL!!!

Drew....what the fkuc man?!?! You know we can get this car to a decent reliable spot right now! It just takes time to work this stuff out. I mean you can't just give up, and give up to the point where you completely get rid of the car. I know there is more things to life than a car, trust me (just ask my g/friend) but it is how passionate you are about it, doesn't mean people with insane rides focus solely on that car every second of every day.
And I gotta wonder if you woulda had us do the install at the shop like we planned if this woulda went down this way...ya know? Maybe this was a product of your own impulsiveness...I don't know.
At the same time I do understand putting money elsewhere right now for more important things in the future. And I honestly hope that does work out for you. I guess different strokes for different folks. I hope a WRX works out nicely for you, but I'm pretty sure they are like double the price of an A4, not really sure on the prices to upkeep a Subi, but at least with an Audi you would be staying in the scene a lot more.
Wish ya luck, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't really really disappointed and just left with an awful taste in my mouth

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Re: (JB_1152)

Quote, originally posted by JB_1152 »

ROFL!!!

Drew....what the fkuc man?!?! You know we can get this car to a decent reliable spot right now! It just takes time to work this stuff out. I mean you can't just give up, and give up to the point where you completely get rid of the car. I know there is more things to life than a car, trust me (just ask my g/friend) but it is how passionate you are about it, doesn't mean people with insane rides focus solely on that car every second of every day.
And I gotta wonder if you woulda had us do the install at the shop like we planned if this woulda went down this way...ya know? Maybe this was a product of your own impulsiveness...I don't know.
At the same time I do understand putting money elsewhere right now for more important things in the future. And I honestly hope that does work out for you. I guess different strokes for different folks. I hope a WRX works out nicely for you, but I'm pretty sure they are like double the price of an A4, not really sure on the prices to upkeep a Subi, but at least with an Audi you would be staying in the scene a lot more.
Wish ya luck, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't really really disappointed and just left with an awful taste in my mouth

Thanks. Yeah it doesnt really have to do with the airride. Its the car. Honestly, ive been ready to move on for a while now. I should NOT have done air at all. In fact, shortly before i started buying all my stuff, i was super close to selling my car just because i was ready to sell it. Its not that im selling it out of fustration, im just ready to move on like i said. Ive been wanting out of my car for a while now, its just time.

· Banned
3,401 Posts

no, were more than competent to work on his car. obviously theres going to be some bugs to work out.. but that still beats paying someone else to do it.

· Registered
2,982 Posts

Quote, originally posted by justrave »

no, were more than competent to work on his car. obviously theres going to be some bugs to work out.. but that still beats paying someone else to do it.

wasn't insulting anyone's competent level at all, but honestly if you have soo much faith it seems there would never be this MANY bugs. And I have heard about a lot of bugs. SOME huge bugs. And also why aren't you guys throwin his coils back on for him then? Because it seems that is worth paying money for. Not to mention, the deal I put my ass on the line for to do his install really really cheap, just to try and help him out. But I'm glad you competent guys were on top of it so I got a ton of phone calls afterwards on how to fix it.

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Re: (inspector gadget)

Quote, originally posted by inspector gadget »
you should talk to burtondk12 aka grant.
he had a mk4 traded for a subi now he's back looking for a vw again. you should also talk to chapel he was in a vw, then saab the a subi and now in a vw again. i think subaru's are decent but i think that the interior is just cheap and boxer motor's sound like detuned motorcycles. but i wish you the best of luck with whatever you do.

thanks man.
Not getting outta vw's or anything. I just want something cheap and reliable for now. Im not even gonna mod it. I got other stuff going on in my life now that need my attention and money. Nothings gonna change my mind on selling btw. We'll see what happens http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
3,401 Posts

wasn't insulting anyone's competent level at all, but honestly if you have soo much faith it seems there would never be this MANY bugs. And I have heard about a lot of bugs. SOME huge bugs. And also why aren't you guys throwin his coils back on for him then? Because it seems that is worth paying money for. Not to mention, the deal I put my ass on the line for to do his install really really cheap, just to try and help him out. But I'm glad you competent guys were on top of it so I got a ton of phone calls afterwards on how to fix it.

everything hes had problems with was discussed before we even started the install. with a set screw and smaller airlines we would have been golden.
i would have gladly helped put his coils back on. but youre right, after i personally took them on and off multiple times that night, i totally forgot how!
dont act like youre the ****ing air bag messiah. its a simple install.
i knew he thought you were a cool guy who could help him with his questions but apparently your help costs money.

· Registered
2,982 Posts

everything hes had problems with was discussed before we even started the install. with a set screw and smaller airlines we would have been golden.
Was it really....first off those set screws were discussed and brought to Drew's attention from me when I first told him about it when he was telling me how we were going to do the build in the shop! I can remember like it was yesterday Drew asking me whether to go with the Airhouse 2 bags or the Firestone Bags. I went into great detail about both b/c unlike you and your obvious extensive knowledge on them I have personally dealt with both bags and intalled both bags into cars. Not to mention the fact that you didn't even put the Fkc*n set screw in!!!!!!!! And now you're using it now as some excuse that everything in that car would have been fine if you had

I also think you forgot to discuss some other "bugs" before you started such as
-Front struts mounted w/ no hats, bag to fender!!!
-Reducing fittings that were so long and bulkey they would snap off from deflating a bag
-Obviously you didn't think what was the best way to run the line if not even a month later Drew is entertaining the idea of rerunning the airlines
-Every threaded fitting screwed together had/has no teflon on the threads

i would have gladly helped put his coils back on. but youre right, after i personally took them on and off multiple times that night, i totally forgot how!
I never said that you forgot how to put coils in and out. Jeesus anyone with a home repair kit from Home Depot could do that. I was/am simpley pointing out the fact that if you are SOO high and mighty on doing **** in a garage for free, why am I getting calls...no scratch that,,,,Drew himself coming into the shop to have us put the coils back in. Where are you now???
HOW THE **** AM I ACTING LIKE THIS!?!?!?!
I understand it is a simple install, and hey guess what buddy/pal/cheif/gaylord it failed!

i knew he thought you were a cool guy who could help him with his questions but apparently your help costs money.
I DIDN"T COLLECT A DIME OF HIS MONEY!!!!! Infact once again, I'll say this for the cheap seats, I went very far out of my way to help him. And after everything, the blown bags, the small leaks, the problem after problem, I was still there for FREE

Lettme say also now that this is getting beyond stupid, Drew, I honestly can't believe you aren't jumping in here to give your .02cents. If you in anyway feel like I gave you the wrong information or I wasn't ever there to help you out with this whole project, please tell me. I honestly thought of you as a kick ass kid and genuinely wanted to help you out. I didn't understand why after all we talked about just one weekend you all of a sudden had it installed.
But I ignored and figured, hell, good for him, hope he enjoys. And even after that you still wanted my help, and I still had given it to you. I NEVER COLLECTED A DIME, so if you could tell your buddy to shut his f*ckin mouth and stop trying to make me look like someone who finacially raped you for an install I would appreciate that. I believe we quoted you a same price as what other people wanted to charge anyways, correct? Not to mention, it is a shop, what do you or your buddy here expect. We can just work on cars for free!?!?

I am anxious to see you in person and talk about this one later
Or still feel free to call me, still here oh yeah, and justrave can't wait to meet you this summer!!!

· Registered
9,051 Posts

What a joke. You have made it more then obvious that you guys didn't know what you were doing. The people who have seen the car in person could not believe what they were seeing. Just chalk it up as that. There is nothing for you to defend. Free install equalled install gone way wrong. End of story..
Sure it's an easy install if you take your time and do it right. No strut caps???? bad No teflon on any threaded fittings??? bad, etc. etc.
Drew originaly was talking to Santi about coming out and doing the install. Guarenteed this would have cost Drew money but it would have gotten done right. So the same goes for if John would have done the install. It would have been done right and professionaly. If I was Drew. You guys would be paying to put my coils back in.
Honestly for all the time John spent dealing with all of Drews questions and this and that he basically just wasted a bunch of Johns time for nothing because you guys f*cked his car up for free afterwards
. Seems worth it to me????? That seems like kind of a kick in Johns face to me. and then after this he brings his car to the shop to re-install the coils. He obviously doesn't have much faith in you and/or your work on cars

All John did was try and help Drew out even after you guys ****ed up his car. So don't frown on the "Messiah"

· Registered
9,051 Posts
Re: (inspector gadget)

Exactly

and the funniest part is now Drew is not around really anymore. Went from being on every thread he could possibly be on to basically dissapearing. Guess the wonderful install gave him a bad taste in his mouth

If it was meant to be it was meant to be and I guess this one just wasn't

Live and Learn

· Registered
6,450 Posts
Re: (moacur)

Damn, sorry to see this all wind up this way!
The lesson to be learned, air ride is not your average suspension install.
if you cant do coils with you eyes closed, don't even think about air.
but hopefully Drews car gets fixed and when everything works right, he will love it and keep it

· Registered
402 Posts
Re: (vdubmk4)

this all kind of makes me laugh. Drew didnt want to bring it to further because he thought $600 was a stretch for the install. i cant tell you guys how many times he told me this. so i offered to help him along with nolan, and greg. i went farther out of my way than all of you put together. i sat out in his driveway on holloween in 30 degree weather while we went back and forth on where he wanted all of his stuff mounted, then let him use the the place in which i work (without asking, mind you) untill 2 a.m. one night. FREE shop FREE hoist FREE tools everything. its not even close to our fault that he used 1/2 in line and the fittings were to big. it just suprised me to see all this from you guys. Jeff i thought it was super badass how you shot my car for me this summer, i think you are a super cool dude. and John your 20th was a huge inspiration of mine as far as bagging a mkiv, and also thought it was super tight how inviting you were to help out with anything i needed if i decided to do it. But all said and done after all this bashing on here i guess its true you cant judge a book by its cover. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
and thanks drew for standing up for us after the time we took to help you do this the way you wanted to

Modified by newSkool16v at 5:58 PM 12-12-2008

· Banned
3,401 Posts
It doesnt really matter how much the install would cost, nobody but me and my friends touch my car. Id rather look at it broken than send it to a shop. That being said, when i was stuck with some motor issues Chad from SCI was more than happy to help me over the phone free of charge. I doubt he would complain about my wasting his time either.
Also, i wouldnt really call them heavyweights in our scene. we care about more than bagged big turbo mk4s in minnesota.

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·

Wow.
Arguing gets us no where. The past is the past. Nothing you can do about it, so bickering about it is pointless.
Please everyone stop.
I guess i'll make this clear again,The airride, the airride install, nor the airride parts have anything to do with me selling my car. I cant make that anymore clear. I am just ready to move on, plain and simple. I have been for a while now. My heart is just not with a MK4 anymore. I have been really unhappy with my car for a while now, and i thought that doing air would make me happy and spark a new love with the car. I was wrong. I should not have done air at all. It was a complete waste of time and money.
Also, i am not leaving the scene because of my airride and/or my fustrations with my car. Like i've said many times before, its just time for me to move on. Right now, i just need something thats AWD, cheap and reliable. A Subi fits that mold. I also just have different priorities in my life right now. Keeping my car is not an option, so its not even worth discussing.
Once again, i thank all of you who have helped me along the way. You guys have been great! John, thank you for your time. I cant thank you enough man. You helped me figure out that i wanted to do this, what stuff i should get, and how it should go in. I know you busted your ass to hook me up with stuff. Also, the countless questions you answered. I really appreciate everything. Joel, thank you for hooking me up with the shop that one night and helping me out with the install. I know you put your ass on the line and let us use the shop. I cant thank you enough. Same goes for you Nolan and Greg, thanks for helping with everything. Jeff, thanks for answering all my questions way back when. Your car is a HUGE reason i decided to do air. Thanks man.
I apologize for any wrong that i may have done to any of you. If so, I didnt mean it.
Lets all be mature about this. I mean, we all share and enjoy the same passion. Dont ruin it.

Modified by silver saloon at 11:36 PM 12-12-2008

141 - 160 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.