VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
18,892 Posts
Re: (89glwiththat)

Quote, originally posted by 89glwiththat »
Doesn't Dutchmania work for a european trucking company?

yup, but not as a driver anymore
i still have dozens of pics if anybody has interest

· Registered
4,096 Posts
Re: another euro truck thread (eburg_DUB)

DAF is part of PACCAR along with Kenworth and Peterbilt.
They sell Euro trucks south of the border in Mexico. Scania and MAN sell euro cabovers in Mexico.

· Registered
7,130 Posts
Re: (DUTCHMANia)

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »

yup, but not as a driver anymore
i still have dozens of pics if anybody has interest

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you see any trucks from Russia in Western Europe. I doubted you will see Kamaz or MAZ but any trucks with Russian plates?

· Registered
18,892 Posts
Re: (EUROBORA8V)

Kamaz/Liaz/Tatra was pretty common when the borders first opened. but with new emission rules and russian prosperity they all drive modern western trucks now-a-days,
and yes you see them all the time, because the drivers are cheap and so are russian taxes, so alot of western compnaies now have russian firms with russian registered trucks and russian drivers. most trucks have never even been to russia though

Modified by DUTCHMANia at 11:10 PM 8-5-2008

· Registered
18,892 Posts

· Registered
6,549 Posts
So I'm told in Europe all trucks are cab-over-engine (flat-nose) because of maximum truck & trailer length requirements. How is the aerodynamic efficiency, and thus fuel efficiency, of these modern flat-nose trucks? Better or worse than cab-behind-engine trucks like we see in the US?

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Re: (Wellington P Funk)

Quote, originally posted by Wellington P Funk »
So I'm told in Europe all trucks are cab-over-engine (flat-nose) because of maximum truck & trailer length requirements. How is the aerodynamic efficiency, and thus fuel efficiency, of these modern flat-nose trucks? Better or worse than cab-behind-engine trucks like we see in the US?

Something tells me it's more with the streets. Could you imagine a traditional one trying through Berlin?! People WILL get run over

· Registered
4,096 Posts
Re: (DUTCHMANia)

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »
Kamaz/Liaz/Tatra was pretty common when the borders first opened. but with new emission rules and russian prosperity they all drive modern western trucks now-a-days,
and yes you see them all the time, because the drivers are cheap and so are russian taxes, so alot of western compnaies now have russian firms with russian registered trucks and russian drivers. most trucks have never even been to russia though

Modified by DUTCHMANia at 11:10 PM 8-5-2008

Ever seen an International cabover?

Or a Frieghtliner Argosy?

When companies like JB Hunt and Schneider retired their cabovers, they were virtually worthless on the US used truck market. Quite a few were sold, exported and re-sold in Russia and other former Soviet republics as they were dirt cheap, even with transportation costs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.