VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,971 Posts
I'm pretty indifferent to this, though I like the styling of the recent performance version. I had a loaner ghibli in 2015 and put about 80 miles on it over 4 days. It was nice enough. I didn't hate it and felt it drove fine. But being an Italian car, it displayed a battery warning on start up at one point. It didn't seem to be serious though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
I always liked the look of the Ghibli, but it always felt like a half-assed, missed opportunity. You cannot charge $80k for a hilariously outdated car built with American parts bin stuff used in crappy rental cars, and cars primarily sold to sub-prime borrowers.

So far I've liked what I've seen with the new Grecale, so hopefully the next Quattroporte and Granturismo will continue Maserati's positive momentum.

·
Premium Member
13,082 Posts
Cannibalized by Alfa Giulia
Thats not doing too hot either

They were done in by the fact that they're Italian 5 series that cost more money but do nothing better.

·
Premium Member
13,082 Posts
That seems to be mostly your opinion. Most people on here and in the real world have been raving about their Giulia experiences.
I was talking about the Ghibli. I agree that the Giulia is excellent

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
Considering the Maserati is twice the price I highly doubt that.
Considering that the Giulia is a much better car and sits next to it on the lot, I can absolutely see that. For the performance minded, the Giulia Quad is far more compelling than anything in the Maserati stable.

But I feel like Maserati has always made terrible cars that look pretty good and sound amazing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts