VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 7pm Saturday night, the black getta is gone!

I'm now the owner of a '99 Candy White B5 Passat Wagon.
Black leather interior...no more of that jetta beige leather with
the gray dash and the yellow door sills...the white's so purdy
and it drives so smoothly.
Cool story too... My friend called me up on friday night saying that she's been offered a GLX Cabrio since the one she'd ordered was still going to be another couple of months, so I went with her to help her decide on color....ends up we take this Eurovan MV (camper version without
the pop-top) out for a test drive and stop by Burger King for lunch (while they're detailing the Cabrio), we're sitting inside the thing using the table to eat off of...come back and there's this couple next to her Civic cleaning out their white Passat wagon. I jokenly ask them if they're trading it in...and yep they are for a '02 GLX 4-Motion Wagon. Now it's mine!!!!
So sad to see the Getta all dirty sitting in the dealership looking all lonely...but after a 1/2
of driving the Passat...completely forgot all about it! No more black paint to deal with...O yeah!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (Verruckt)

On eastern time 7pm is now dark outside (gotta love that daylight savings crap).
Plus, had to show my New Cabrio owning friend, give another friend a ride then
took it by my Mom's house and gave her a ride to go look at Christmas lights and
didn't get home until 20 minutes ago.
Pics coming as soon as I find the recharger to the digi cam.

[Modified by VAVentoGLX, 12:52 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (95JettaGL)

wanted the V6 5 speed, but finding one in the black and white combo wan't easy...this one's the 1.8t which for some reason felt different (in a good way, feels solid and not as loud-clattering sounding) to me than the 1.8t of the 2002 passats. Ended up with the Tip which isn't too bad...now I don't have to worry about sitting in NoVA/Washington DC traffic.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (FatSean)

Hey if anyone's interested in VA...SpringfieldVW is re-selling the Jetta for about $6000. They said they don't expect to sell if off the lot but it's going to a wholeseller. Needs work where the coolent hoses come into the engine area (forgot what it's called but it's leaking), suspension makes funny noises when going over bumps (thought it was the brakes at first) and the driver's side window's still broke (they think it's a short, i thought it was the regulator.......so it does need work but for 6k for a '97 GLX with 87k on it..not a bad deal for someone looking for a project car.
It's got the DE's, Hella airhorns, Bose stereo, suspension and brakes. I removed the euro plate holder and have a buyer for that already, and also removed the Fischer Cassette box for the center console if anyone's interested.
I just wish I removed the DE's off of it before I traded it in...o well still have the stock 7 spokes with worn GA's if anyone in the area wants snow rims for cheap - $300obo.
quote:[HR][/HR]congrats Andy. I was waiting for this kind of post[HR][/HR]​
Les..it was too perfect an opportunity to pass up...like it was meant to happen.
quote:[HR][/HR]Andy,
Glad you finally found one.... ....the sellouts continue to gain steam...[HR][/HR]​
EuroVR6...B5's definitely an upgrade from the G/J III's...even if I did go VR6 to 1.8t
quote:[HR][/HR]Congratulations GrandPa![HR][/HR]​
FatSean..I think I am aging quickly...I'm starting to love driving around in automatic mode vs tip...what's happening to me.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (VAVentoGLX)

Andy- Glad to hear you got what you wanted!!! I know you've been talking about changing for a while now.....like you said, it was meant to happen....Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (Johnny G)

hi guys! i guess im another sellout! just took delivery of my 98 DE gti vr6. white with black leather. 5spd. with 36k on it. i traded my 92 B3 and 10k for it. i love it. that is an awesome jetta you got rid of! but i love B5's as well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by sixteenvalves4me, 3:33 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Another Sellout...no more VAVentoGLX (sixteenvalves4me)

I ran out real quick today at work since a coworker brought it his
wife's new wagon.

The camera isn't that great and the sun is out so the combo made
for some bad photos...o well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.