VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a tool box resto, and its gotten to be ridiculously involved. I figured I'd post some progress pics up here since the tools forum is wack yo!:) I changed it from Snap on red to Porsche gt3 "orange" 8c6. Why? Idk honestly. I wish I kept it red, it would been so much easier... but I already started it, no going back now. I gotta shoot another coat or two of base, Tomorrow I'd like to finish the cab and get it cleared, then start painting the draws. All 7 of em, inside & out ! Before you say "why did you paint the wheels?" , I have new ones and the old jobs are going in the garbage. Corrado related...hmm well it holds all my Corrado fixing tools!?. Picked up a new detail gun to hose it down with too, its pretty fackin sweet. :thumbup: On to pics!

Need a matching slc badge :p

New gun:

Corrado content & only pic of my C from WF:

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its fairly new I believe, its no weak box the thing is like 300 lbs. The p/o beat the hell out of it tho. It was in some sort of collision, I had to do bodywork on it w/ a stud gun :laugh:. Snap on gave me 4 new casters, new track/slide sets (all 7), a new bottom drawer (the big azz one), cam lock assembly and draw latches... I didnt pay a dime for any parts or shipping. All I gotta buy is the draw pull trims for 7 bucks ea. Their customer service is fkn awesome.

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
While cool, I think it would be even cooler to paint it the same color as your Corrado. :D

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
thought this was going to be a beekeeping or underwater basketweaving thread :p

Looking good :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While cool, I think it would be even cooler to paint it the same color as your Corrado. :D

haha I was very close to doing that, but I'd never hear the end of it owning a purple toolbox...its bad enough I own a purple car. lol In all reality, i don't care much..but I was thinking of resale one day, and who the fk is gonna buy a purple toolbox? :laugh:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
haha I was very close to doing that, but I'd never hear the end of it owning a purple toolbox...its bad enough I own a purple car. lol In all reality, i don't care much..but I was thinking of resale one day, and who the fk is gonna buy a purple toolbox? :laugh:
SnapOn truck that hits us up every week had a nice purple box. Brand new truck unit, and it was marked down 50% because he couldn't sell it. I was soo tempted, but kinda glad I passed :laugh:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I remember those Alpine stickers...I had one on the hatch of the Rabbit I drove in high school in '92. I didn't even own any Alpine components. After my car was broken into for the third time, I took the sticker off. Lo and behold, not a break-in since. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.