VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another problem with the car. when I go deep into boost and shift gears and push back on the gas it runs lean and misses. under normal driving its fine. some times when its sitting idling it looses a cyclinder. When it starts missing i have to keep on the gas and it cleans itself up after a few mintes. I don't know if its a ignition problem or fuel problem.
I have 52lb injectors installed with a TOG of 16 and a IOT of -1.5
I'm currently running custom spark plug wires with advance autolite spark plugs if it helps. its boosts ok at 5 psi but at 10 psi it has this problem.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Re: another tec 2 problem (tyrone27)

It runs lean BECAUSE it misses. When you have a misfire, it dumps fuel into the exhaust ,giving the EGO sensor the impression that its to rich , and lowers the fuel.Your TOG is WAY to high.If your losing a cylynder at idle , find out if its lean or rich. I would say rich.Which version of wintec are you running? Do you have onfly running on the VE tables? Get rid of tthose autolites, it not a chevy or ford. Get some bosch or NGK's http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Hey Derrick are you seeing a trend with TEC 2. LOL

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

if tech is like sds it should have an accelerator pump setting. when you shift and hit the gas the car will run lean unless a xtra amount of fuel is put in. most likly that will take car up it. we were having the same problem on our rabbit.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

was told it might be my 02 sensor. Any one know where I can get a 4 wire one for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: another tec 2 problem (Scrubby)

yea I'm going to replace the plugs tomorrow with stock 16v ones.
i'm thinking my 02 sensor is bad and the plugs are shot from runnig rich for so long. the 16 TOG is on 10 psi with 10:1 compression with 52lb injectors. i'm running wintec 1 version. I wanted to upgrade to wintec 2 monday but I'm running into problems that is sucking down the upgrade money.
Tec 2 has a TPS enrichment and MAP enrichment.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
You'll be amazed at how short the life span is on a set of plugs while tuning.
On the race car I went through 3 sets in about 12 hours. The GTI went onto its second set after about 2 hours, and those been in there a few hundred miles but Im still tuning it so I need to change em again.
Keep good plugs in it while you're tuning it! Especially if you are running too rich, its gonna do goofy things when the plugs start to go but its gradual and you will end up really f*cking up a map that only needs a little fine tuning.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: (tyrone27)

fuel fouled plugs= http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (vdubspeed)

thats true. I think I fixed it today though. I replaced both coils and when I pulled the coils off I found a poudle of oil under the coil packs. cleaned everything and installed the coils and she runs great now.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (tyrone27)

found the problem. It was getting to much fuel at startup and the sparkplugs would foul out and not fire causing it to loose cyclinders.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Scrubby)

yea. getting another tranny and turbo so I can install the 6 puck and beat up on a talon that keeps talking crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts