VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have had this car for almost 5 years. It's my first German car. And I love it.
The clocks reads 120,000 miles.

And now I have graduated college, and I can finally get serious about upgrading the Jetta. And the best part: I'll be able to do it the right way.

Here it is when i first brought it home:

First thing was some basic stuff: some sound upgrades and mats:

I had some bass in the back but it has been removed as I bumped for 6 years and figured that was enough..

Me and a buddy attempted to do the headliner. It turned out alright for our first time, but its getting redone in the next month..

Stocks speakers started to sound distorted so I replaced them with components all around:

Replaced the air filter with a Short Ram and did a tune up. Upgraded to BOSCH Premium spark plugs and wires:

The first REAL upgrade!
The suspension was pretty much shot so I did a suspension rebuilt. :D

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5076744-Replacing-it-all!-(Suspension)

And now, here is my first project to be done!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black wheels :thumbup:
Yea, I choose black because this was my first time doing a project like this and I know black hides a lot of imperfections. Plus they'll hide the brake dust better, or I woulda went white. :)

fixed that for you
You think anyone is going to car about your opinion?
Go hate on another thread... :screwy:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not feeling the black wheels. konis :thumbup:
Thank you. I mean it's obvious that I don't cut corners. I could have cheaped out and bought some $400 JOM coil overs and slammed it. But instead I waited till I could afford a set of cool overs that I would be satisfied with.
And like I said earlier in the post. These things cost me $70, and ther are deffinatley temporary. But for now they will do. Untill i get some engine work done at least. :D So you wont hear me complaining.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moar updates!
:pic::pic::pic:

A shot of the Konis while it was up in the air:

I got a great deal on these Continental Extreme-Contact DWS's: :thumbup:

The black looks good with the baltic pearl.

Some random MKIII GLI:

And a few more shots:

And this was behind the tire place, pretty sweet:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.