VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a flat the other day.. and the other tires are on the way out.. i been planning on gettin new wheels and trying to get some bbs rx for cheap.. then i got set on axis ne-o's, but cant find a good deal.. so now wheelmax.com is having a sale.. and one of the sets of wheels i like are $300 off.. which is a lot so heres the wheel:

Exel - Ennio, 17x7 $599 w/ 205/40-17 i want paradas so thati'll make it like $200 more maybe.. i know i've seen split spoke 5 stars on beemers and it looks real hot, and i like the rim.. but i dont know if its worthy of my corrado.. tornado red g60.. lowered just a little.. i need wheels quick and i dont know if i jump on this deal if i'll regret it.. post pics of suggestions.. i'm not SET on this wheel.. but its all i got right now..

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: another wheel advice post, please look inside (compleckz)

whats the hub bore? Smaller/larger/equal to your car? does it come with hubcentric rings?
Thinks you need to ask. if its a 40mm hub bore you're not gonna be happy

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: another wheel advice post, please look inside (mrkrad)

i called up and tallked to Juan at wheelmax.. Juan tells me they are hubcentric and 35mm offset.. i'm not accusing them of lying to me.. but he asked what kind of car they were for after i asked him the offset.. and then he said 35mm.. just seemed sort of weird.. so with yoko avs tires that'd be about $775 shipped.. i think ima go for it.. i can always buy new wheels and pawn these off on some honda kids around ..

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ok now i am accusing them of lying.. cuz i called back and got another guy.. and asked him the offset.. and said i had a honda civic.. this guy told me the wheels came in 40mm and 42mm.. then i said my "friend" has a volkwagen corrado, and we were gonna see how they looked on his car.. and the guy said they wouldnt work cuz of the offset.. thanks [email protected]#

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

I can get the new rotas that look like that and are propably lighter with pirreli p7000's for 800

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: another wheel advice post, please look inside (SLC4ME)

ok now i just want people to throw out sites that have quality wheels for the best prices.. i was thinking previously borbet t's from tirerack.. any opinions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts