VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going vortex? I recently tried switching my key onto a new fob, without knowing that the new fob would need to be programmed to the car. Now my car turns on and off within seconds, and the light with the key starts flashing on my cluster. I'm in desperate need of help, I need my car running. A couple of people have told me that VAGCOM might work, others say that I'd have to take it up with a dealership.​

If anyone in the NYC area is willing to help me out, please contact me at 718-916-4988

Thanks,
Mk4JS

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hows it going vortex? I recently tried switching my key onto a new fob, without knowing that the new fob would need to be programmed to the car. Now my car turns on and off within seconds, and the light with the key starts flashing on my cluster. I'm in desperate need of help, I need my car running. A couple of people have told me that VAGCOM might work, others say that I'd have to take it up with a dealership.​

If anyone in the NYC area is willing to help me out, please contact me at 718-916-4988

Thanks,
Mk4JS
Switch the keys back, drive to the dealership, blame them, demand they fix your immobilizer. threaten to sue, get your car working again,

it worked for me, when they wanted to charge me 350$ plus tax to get a "new key", when all i needed was the immobilizer to be reprogrogrammed.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You won't be able to fully do it with VAG-COM, you need another program and I can't think of what it is named now. You need it to get the SKU number of your car which you can then use in VAG-COM to program the key. There is a guy down where I live that does it for $40.

Check the regional forms, there is place you can look up people that have VAG-COM that are willing to scan it for you.

For sure they programed the car wrong. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it back from the dealer after they programed it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
You won't be able to fully do it with VAG-COM, you need another program and I can't think of what it is named now. You need it to get the SKU number of your car which you can then use in VAG-COM to program the key. There is a guy down where I live that does it for $40.

Check the regional forms, there is place you can look up people that have VAG-COM that are willing to scan it for you.

For sure they programed the car wrong. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it back from the dealer after they programed it?
in my case i did the same, messed with the immobilizer, i didn't give all the facts to the dealer, they wanted to charge me 350$ for a new reprogrammed key, i called volkswagen of america, and told them about the rude service i was getting while at the dealership, then they replaced it for free, and offered me a free car wash. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
depending on the year of your car, vagcom can work ( IMMO 3 cannot be reprogrammed with vagcom). if it was a dealer **** up then blame them and have them tow it to there shop and replace the key.

·
Registered
128 Posts
immo

I intermittently have the same problem. With my car I take the cables off the battery poles and hold the two wires together for about 20 seconds.
It removes all my presents, sets the time to 12, and turns the tripometer to 0.0 but often works.

*disclaimer* if this screws up your car its not my fault :beer:

·
Banned
53,529 Posts
.....recently tried switching my key onto a new fob, without knowing that the new fob would need to be programmed to the car. Now my car turns on and off within seconds, and the light with the key starts flashing on my cluster.....​

Good research before you did this!

BTW, best to not clean your revolver while loaded, if you didn't know that too.​

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I actually was the one to trip the sensor. Happened right in front of my house. I had the car towed to a local shop, but after they fixed whatever needed to be repaired, they figured out that that was the reason the car wasn't turning on. I'm gonna try to go with the dealer, definitely don't wanna pay anywhere near $350.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Switch the keys back, drive to the dealership, blame them, demand they fix your immobilizer. threaten to sue, get your car working again,

it worked for me, when they wanted to charge me 350$ plus tax to get a "new key", when all i needed was the immobilizer to be reprogrogrammed.
in my case i did the same, messed with the immobilizer, i didn't give all the facts to the dealer, they wanted to charge me 350$ for a new reprogrammed key, i called volkswagen of america, and told them about the rude service i was getting while at the dealership, then they replaced it for free, and offered me a free car wash. :thumbup:

You seem very proud of what you did. I just wanted to let you know what you did was theft. Your are just as bad as any mechanic whos ever told a unwitting customer that they needed something that they didnt.

Im happy to say that if you had come to dealers that I've worked at, the GM/owner would have been happy to talk to you. When you threatened to sue he would have told you "Have you lawyer call my 6 lawyers. They get paid whether or not they are working and I think they need something to do. Now get your car off my property." And yes Ive been present more than once while this was said, but olny after someone threatened to sue.

Your trash btw.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You seem very proud of what you did. I just wanted to let you know what you did was theft. Your are just as bad as any mechanic whos ever told a unwitting customer that they needed something that they didnt.

Im happy to say that if you had come to dealers that I've worked at, the GM/owner would have been happy to talk to you. When you threatened to sue he would have told you "Have you lawyer call my 6 lawyers. They get paid whether or not they are working and I think they need something to do. Now get your car off my property." And yes Ive been present more than once while this was said, but olny after someone threatened to sue.

Your trash btw.
stealing from a stealership well isnt that ironic. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.