VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower, but just like 1.3" to 1.5 ". What is the best an cheapest way to do it.....should I just buy the VW/Eibach springs.....will this be ok for the rest of my stock suspension?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: Any advice on lowering? (farfrumwurkin)

Bilstine shocks & struts, H&R sport springs, and a NS 28mm rear sway. Stiff but a nice ride, you should be happy! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Any advice on lowering? (SilverGolf1.8t)

First you need to decide how low to go. Have in mind that your car's stock suspension has settled down, so don't expect it drop 1.5" from what you have now.
I have Bilstein Sport shocks with H&R Sport springs which supposedly lowered my car 1.5", but I kind of want to go lower to H&R Race. The best is to find someone who has similar setup with their suspension already settled down and then you can decide.
Don't look at pictures, they are deceiving sometimes.

[Modified by freestyle, 10:57 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Re: Any advice on lowering? (farfrumwurkin)

Whatever you do, always get a matched set of springs and shocks. The Eibach ProKit is a good example. Springs and their "pro dampers," with front and rear swaybars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.