VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped my 2002 Jetta 1.8T with the H&R cupkit (about 1.5-2 inch drop), and wanted to get my alignment done... I went to a Goodyear tire garage, and they told me that it was too low that they couldn't get it on the lift....
They also gave me a hard time saying "if you lower it, it looks cool, but you're car is gonna suck. and we don't know if we can align it"... does anyone know any place where I can get my alignment done (for a good price)? Also, do I need to have my car aligned to "factory specs", or new specs due to the drop?

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (Angina)

on willow grove ave is wagenwerks and those guys in there take their cars somewhere to get them aligned. not sure where. but you can call them up and find out where.

·
Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,461 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (Shislerocco)

I used to work with a guy in West Chester by the name of Dave Free at West Chester Foreign Car Services... (610) 692-4337. He was a great mechanic and a suspension and chassis consultant for MacLaren at one point.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (prefer willowgrove area)!!!! (Angina)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just dropped my 2002 Jetta 1.8T with the H&R cupkit (about 1.5-2 inch drop), and wanted to get my alignment done... I went to a Goodyear tire garage, and they told me that it was too low that they couldn't get it on the lift....
They also gave me a hard time saying "if you lower it, it looks cool, but you're car is gonna suck. and we don't know if we can align it"... does anyone know any place where I can get my alignment done (for a good price)? Also, do I need to have my car aligned to "factory specs", or new specs due to the drop?[HR][/HR]​
where did you go that said that?

·
10,792 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (prefer willowgrove area)!!!! (Angina)

Wagenwerks recommended me to Woodlawn garage. They aligned my car after I dropped it with H&R coils. Here's their # -215 843 5939

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (WolfGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Wagenwerks recommended me to Woodlawn garage. They aligned my car after I dropped it with H&R coils. Here's their # -215 843 5939[HR][/HR]​
have you used howard at wagenwerks b4?

·
Registered
7,320 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Wagenwerks recommended me to Woodlawn garage. They aligned my car after I dropped it with H&R coils. Here's their # -215 843 5939[HR][/HR]​
someone call woodlawn, and let us know how much a front end alignment is.

·
10,792 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (rmbalisa)

I paid 99 for my alignment IIRC.

·
10,792 Posts
Re: Any alignment shops in Philly Area (Shislerocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]Wagenwerks recommended me to Woodlawn garage. They aligned my car after I dropped it with H&R coils. Here's their # -215 843 5939
have you used howard at wagenwerks b4?[HR][/HR]​
Yes I have had work done by Howard before - and I am very satisfied.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i called wagenwerks yesterday, and they told me that they outsourced alignment jobs (guess they use woodlawn)..... but they told me it was $49.99 for an alignment... how come you paid $99?

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

when i had taken my car to wagenwerks they had taken my car to get aligned and i am pretty sure they charged me 45-50 and i had a lot of work done. they seem like real nice guys. it does cost a pretty penny but seems they do honest work!

·
10,792 Posts

My bad - maybe it was 49 after all. I apologize

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.