VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post a few images of rabbits with the round 4 headlight scirroco conversion. I would like to see the final product with other cars. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (aestheticculture)

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (16v)

That's a weird pic. It looks like it has a scirocco bumper with half of an mk1 scirocco grill. Looks interesting though. Does anyone have any experience with adding an mk1 grill to an mk1 american rabbit? I would like to use the entire scirocco grill embedded into the a1 rabbit grill.

·
Premium Member
54,743 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (16v)

whoa
thats a way to do it, eh?
half Scirocco
half Jetta [center grille]
and that bumper IS weird... looks like the Mk1 Rocco bumper with euro inserts
very custom

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (Chapel)

Here's another one. Hope this guy doesn't kill me for posting this..

This has to be the best example I've seen yet...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (HyKlas)

I did it on my first rabbit, an 81 with square headlights but no wrap-around turnsignals, but I could never find a way to rig up a grill, so I went grill-less for a while. What works? Because I figured you could do it by useing three good scirocco peices for the grill and makeing it badgeless, but i'd rather not cut up a good grill.

[Modified by crashpeltzer, 6:43 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (aestheticculture)

How hard is it to do the scirocco conversion? How much would it cost? Is there a grill that fits right in, without any spaces? Is there a kit, or do you have to do it custom? I have squares now and don't want to swap fenders/ do the big job for the rounds. I'm trying to figure out what to do, because I'm looking at getting the H4 squares instead. I plan on making the purchase for the H4's pretty soon, so let me know how the conversion is. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (84RabbitMan)

From what I gathered about the subject, it's a major PITA

·
Premium Member
54,743 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (HyKlas)

quote:[HR][/HR]Here's another one. Hope this guy doesn't kill me for posting this..

This has to be the best example I've seen yet...
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/002/7z/cb/18/oW95869.jpg[HR][/HR][/INDENT]
Thats JPawl's car
he doesnt like it
he thinks it looks like crap up close
its kinda wavy​

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (arvcube)

Can you guys give me any tips about adding the new grill/light buckets?? I have the grill. Itlooks like it takes up most of the inside space of the a1 square rabbit grill. Do I just cut it all out? Where do I stop? At the corner lights? Or do I just cut it all out except for the edge?
Also, How did you guys mount the light buckets to the rad support? This is a major task I assume. Thanks in advance Frank

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (arvcube)

Can you guys show a pic without the grill added. Just the scirocco lights and buckets near the rad support. Thanks

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

my light buckets are actually attached to the grill.. when you take the grill out, the lights/buckets go with.. i had to cut some of the supports to make room for the buckets but i didnt cut them all the way out. i cut them then "folded" them so as to keep some of the structural rigidity...i had to screw my grills together...it looks kind "tech" but i do like deathhare's...
DEATHHARE....how'd you get your grill to stay together...

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

do you have any close up pics? also since your light buckets are attached only to the two grills. When on, how flimsy is it? Or is it not. What i mean is does the wind move the grill when driving?
I have a honda accord for the winter and when one of my lights is loose at night, the light bounces all over the place. i hate that.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

one last question. you said you cut halfway the sad support section(s) on each side. does this mean that I cannot put on my original square lights on? It the proccess reversable?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

lights are a little jittery, but you dont notice when driving, only a little during idle (if idle is rough) but i didnt spend much time fastening things down. did the conversion within a couple hours and havent touched it since. dont know if its reversible. a couple of the screw holes for the factory lights might have been moved out of place...

·
Registered
216 Posts

I'm just finishishing this conversion for my Pickup. I used liquid nails and Goop to glue the 2 grills together. Just cut the center portion of your grill out and trim away as needed until your happy (I used a dremel tool). It is real hard to make it look perfect, the 2 grills don't line up perfectly (I guess that is what was ment by wavy) unless you are real carefull when attaching it. I'm finishing it up this weekend so I can post pics if you want after. I am concerned about the lights vibrating since they are not attached to the frame. As long as the grill doesn't break apart at the first bump I'll be happy. I think it looks great so far.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (Herbert_J)

Screw the round lights...

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: any cool pics of rabbits with scirocco round headlight conversion? (sirhcorrado)

I really like the Vanagon lights on the Rabbit. You may just have started a styling trend.
EDIT: Dumb and mixed up Vanagon/Eurovan (do that all the time)

[Modified by Syncronicity, 11:11 AM 11-28-2001]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts