VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if I’ve missed dozens of threads already made. Couldn’t find anything during my searches while using Tapatalk. Sold off my MK4 1.8T semi track toy. Now looking to start a proper dedicated A4 1.8T track build for some NASA Arizona region HPDE events to start.

If someone could point me in the direction of some old, but good threads. Or even ones that are on going now. Anything built for road course or autox purposes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm building mine for hillclimb, but it's a 2.7 bi-turbo though. I know that I won't probably get the right powerband for that type of rally but it will be fun for sure :)

So far I got K04s in her, RS4 Clutch kit with lightweight flywheel, 4:1 ratio center diff, RS8 Beru Coils, bunch of other stuff... check it out at wheelwell(dot)com/edgar-perez-2

This baby was a sweeeeeeet deal at copart... I have been really lucky buying cars off auctions so I would suggest looking there. I also have an e53 X5 with just 2 previous owners that I also got off the auctions for less than 2 grand...

And no, neither car have been in a flood, or any other catastrophe. Both are clean title and registered in Cali and running strong!!

Good luck with your search.

-E

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm building mine for hillclimb, but it's a 2.7 bi-turbo though.
Nice man! I wish I could run a noggy S4, but to many reliability issues my friend deals with on his. So I’m going to keep it simple with the engine I know most about it. And save some weight off the front end as well. One day I would like to have a proper S4 build tho.

I’ve never heard of copart until you mentioned it. I’ll keep my eyes pealed, but so far just looks like really trashed up B5’s. Looked at a few that could be okay, but they aren’t Quattro. And I can’t have have a fwd Audi, what’s the point haha

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP.

Someone’s gotta have a build?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently building a 98 2.8. We typically run Lemons but also do a few NASA events and are looking into lucky dog for next season. Working on doing a 1.8 swap as the 2.8 has been reliable but it simply doesn't have the power for the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts