VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all the parts back from the machine shop and I'm ready to get everything together. I imagine it gets timed just like a normal 16v but I thought I'd ask if there was anything specific to watch out for. One thing to put into consideration: I had the block shaved 20 thousandths to bump my compression up to 11.5:1. I am running Schrick 276 cams and have a TT adj cam sprocket to help get my ignition timing back. Right now I have it set at +4 degrees. Let me know.

· Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I just put the cams together in the head with both cam sprocket marks facing each other and flush with the top deck of the head. I know that part is done right. Then I imagine I back the cylinder one piston to just before top dead center, bolt the head down, set the mark on the cam pulley to the mark on the valve cover, then crank the cylinder one piston up to TDC. Put the timing belt and tensioner on. Then rotate the motor twice and if there is no clearance issues and the mark on the cam pulley and cyl 1 TDC line up, it has to be timed right? Am I missing anything? Can I refference off the flywheel at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.