VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i just moved here and need to know where i can find a veedub mechanic or whee to taje my car for parts. thanks.

·
Registered
39,344 Posts
Re: Any Dub shops in vegas? (59vwbug)

Come on out to our shop.... maybe Brian can help you or tell you where to go to get what you need.....

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Re: Any Dub shops in vegas? (59vwbug)

We have:
Wolf's Auto Repair
Beetle Barn
Whatever you do, don't go to Myers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: (59vwbug)

Just don't try to communicate with them through that site. They rarely check it. Wolf is a great guy though and he does fantastic work. Just picked up my 95 GTI from him. He installed a 6 speed in it for about 2/3 of what the dealer wanted for a remanufactured 5 speed 02A tranny. Give him a call. No disrespect to the other shops here in town, I just haven't been anywhere else yet.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Re: (aquabat911sc)

Wolfs alright but kinda gave my bro the shaft. Since my bro didnt know much about his new corrado kinda got ripped off.
My bro had wolf take out blown charger and install the lysholm and wolf kept the old charger witn neuspeed pully and didnt clean the boost lines like my bro asked. Ohh and i think we got charged for it anyway. So im trying out beatle barn and they are really good so far.
As a matter of fact my bros car had a problem where his car would loose HP after driving it for about an hour and wolf didnt know what it was. Well beatle barn found it was an electrical prob and fixed it for dirt cheap now my bros Corrado rocks.
the only thing that bothers me about beatle barn is the fact that right now they are trying to convince me that i need to get rid of my 30# injectors and and put stock ones because my car runs too rich. And im pushing 20psi on it
not the smartest desision i think but well see if they figure it out.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Re: (RetardedSquirrel)

Maybe you should IM Wolf or email Beetle Barn with your concerns. I'm sure they can give you an explanation. They wouldn't want to lose a customer without having the chance to explain or correct the problem.
Either that or you can wait until they read this ( since they're on Vortex, too ) and explain at the next GTG.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RetardedSquirrel »
Wolfs alright but kinda gave my bro the shaft. Since my bro didnt know much about his new corrado kinda got ripped off.

Honest opinion agreed, but why the diss on a guy whos crew made it to the largest GTG we have had yet?? No disrespect Squirrel, but without Wolf and his crew, a lot of our cars wouldn't be in the condition they are currently in. And without their representing at the GTG, it would not have been the same....

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RetardedSquirrel »
My bro had wolf take out blown charger and install the lysholm and wolf kept the old charger witn neuspeed pully and didnt clean the boost lines like my bro asked. Ohh and i think we got charged for it anyway. So im trying out beatle barn and they are really good so far.
As a matter of fact my bros car had a problem where his car would loose HP after driving it for about an hour and wolf didnt know what it was. Well beatle barn found it was an electrical prob and fixed it for dirt cheap now my bros Corrado rocks.
the only thing that bothers me about beatle barn is the fact that right now they are trying to convince me that i need to get rid of my 30# injectors and and put stock ones because my car runs too rich. And im pushing 20psi on it
not the smartest desision i think but well see if they figure it out.

Just because I work at Wolf's and I am incredibly nosey, what is your brothers name and HOW long ago was he in here. I have been here a little over 2 years and I can count on one hand how many Supercharges we have replaced and 3 of them went into our race car. Also if he such a problem with the work that was done, and this is just a thought, maybe he should of brought the car back and told Wolf that something wasn't right. And I'm having a problem trying to swallow the fact that he was losing HP and Wolf told him that he didn't know what it was. Sounds a little fishy to me. Are you even sure he came in or did he call and tell us his problem. Because we are really good at diagnosing cars over the phone when we can't see them.
By the way my car is making a raddle noise can you tell me what that is???

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Re: (84Notch)

Quote, originally posted by 84Notch »
Maybe you should IM Wolf or email Beetle Barn with your concerns. I'm sure they can give you an explanation. They wouldn't want to lose a customer without having the chance to explain or correct the problem.
Either that or you can wait until they read this ... Good Luck.

Uhhh,....like I said,...Good Luck. ( I knew this was coming
)

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Re: (84Notch)

Quote, originally posted by 84Notch »

Uhhh,....like I said,...Good Luck. ( I knew this was coming
)

................there's always one..................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts