VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still wanted to buy a set, and i know a couple of people have sets ,but i wanted to see a dyno first, just wondering if any had dynoed their car yet..thankz

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (GtiVR6racer)

mine are sitting on my kitchen table, hopefully getting them in and on the dyno soon.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (ReiHenMotorVR6)

Quote, originally posted by ReiHenMotorVR6 »
it's going to be a 2-3 hp difference at most. does everyone need a dyno?

yea u might not like what you see

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (2manvr6)

whats wrong with them?

btw where can u get them? i heard that eurospec doesnt sell directly.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (vdubjb)

They are absolutely not regrinds, they have almost a whole 1 mm of lift over stock. If anything I figure Cat cams to be regrinds, because they do not necessitate HD valve springs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (vdubjb)

i have put eurospec 268s in both of my mk2vr they are very impressive and no they are not regrinds, cfimotorsports.com they not on ther but they have the best deal and the most info check the website,

·
Registered
715 Posts
Re: any dynos of the eurospec 268's? (hs)

Email MJM Autohaus at [email protected] or give them a call at 210-DUB-PART (382-7278)
They had them on sale in May for $365 shipped. Not sure if the sale is extended or not.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Re: (phil9922)

so does anyone know why these are so much worse than other cams?
curious because im about to get some. i dont see how these could be so much worse compared to other cams. if anything, i heard they are pretty aggressive.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Re: (Atl_GTi)

i dont know why you say they are "worse"
I just got my set yesterday and im putting them in this week.
So far, they came packaged professionally, and look stunning. they are NOT regrinds but BILLETS and they look frigging awesome.
I will be dynoing my car after the chip+cam install.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Re: (Maxt2)

are you doing HD valve springs? They've got .2mm more lift than Schrick's, and Schrick's are highly recommended with HD valve springs...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Re: (ReiHenMotorVR6)

humm the spec i have on the eurospec cams is
Duration 268 @.01mm
Lift 11.45 mm .450
Exactly the same as CAT 268's, which dont require new springs.
What are the actual specs on the shricks? i did a little search but couldnt find anything

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i just got these cams as well..im installign when i get back from iraq...i haev the schrick 264 now and i got these hoping to see more upper rpm power with the 268 eurospec. it has to be more than 2-3 hp over stock. with out that giac 268 chip its probably 2-3 hp...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Re: (ReiHenMotorVR6)

Quote, originally posted by ReiHenMotorVR6 »
well that sucks. I was on the Eurospec's website, and their 268 deg cams are listed as 11.7mm of lift.

humm
well i dont want to tear into the head at this point, i need a running car. I read some reviews from users who have run these cams (eurospec) on stock springs and retainers for quite a while and havent run into problem.
Are the stiffer springs recommended because of the high revving? Are they recomended to eliminate valve float ?
I dont plan on revving the motor past ~6800 rpm with the new cams.
I'd like your opinion on this ReiHenMotorVr6

1 - 20 of 26 Posts