VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning while in the shower I got a heck of an idea for my back deck new of my new car to run two 6.5 and tweet component sets back there.Well I also thought it would be cool to have the new fiber glassed deck painted the same color as the car.Any ideas on who can tackle this and also the price to pull it off.My sup.at work does it but he works more than I do,please help if y'all can.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Re: Any fiberglass gods here? (Quinniepoo!!)

Sorry I can't help ya, but good luck with that. Hows the pooch? and the princess?
EDIT: Also sorry that I posted this and didn't go through IM like I intended, but since I added one to my count, I guess I'll keep it here.

Modified by skizzott at 12:57 PM 9-24-2004

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Any fiberglass gods here? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Here's a couple pics of a rear deck out of a MK3 jetta that i did. Carbon fiber laid over existing panel. Approx cost $175.
I can do it in glass if you want.

That looks awesome buuuuuuuuuuut I'm not a carbon type dude.The idea is one set with the 6.5 and tweet one one side and the other set on the other flush mounting the tweets and mid.If you can get me a round about price I'd really appreciate it.I will also IM nwrocco http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Re: Any fiberglass gods here? (buddylove)

Quote, originally posted by buddylove »
he said it was laid over the existing panel, so it would be just as strong as the original http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That was actually me, 20VMKII forgot to sign out on my computer. I am just not into carbon fiber as a styling accessory, and I am a smart-ass. Carbon fiber is usually used where strenght is needed, and the rear shelf is not a structural focus point as far as I know.
I am the type that would paint a carbon fiber hood body color if i got one.

Modified by patatron at 1:55 AM 9-26-2004

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Re: Any fiberglass gods here? (4valvemk2)

Im taking a break from working on cars for a while. Other then trying to find a crossflow to drop into my car soon cuase well yah im tired of looking at my JH.
Talk to boydz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.