VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out fishing last weekend and seem to have caught the bug. I've wanted to buy a boat for a while and now I have more of a reason to buy one. Hopefully I'll have a nice little aluminum fishing boat sometime next week. There is nothing like drinking beer while the sun comes up on a boat http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
So who else likes to fish?

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
**** that, ill just drink at home when the sun comes up

-j

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »
**** that, ill just drink at home when the sun comes up

-j

Meh, I like getting out of the house.

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
i drink in my back yard sometimes too, and the garage
i usually do outdoorsey type stuff sober.
-j

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »
i drink in my back yard sometimes too, and the garage
i usually do outdoorsey type stuff sober.
-j

We didn't get drunk. Just a beer in the morning to warm the blood and one to wash down lunch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: (Banned wagon)

theys all kinds of ways to cook shrimp forest. theres shrimp gumbo, fried shrimp, baked shrimp, shrimp sandwhich, shrimp salad, BBQ shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp with potato's, shrimp and pea's, shrimp cabob, shrimp hamburgers, raw shrimp..............etc

·
Registered
6,339 Posts

I drink beer when the sun goes down. Anyway where do you go to fish?. I'm down here near the Delta and I see a couple of folks fishing under the bridge to Rio Vista. A friend in Discovery bay said that they'll be buying a big boat.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Re: (omllenado)

Quote, originally posted by omllenado »
I drink beer when the sun goes down. Anyway where do you go to fish?. I'm down here near the Delta and I see a couple of folks fishing under the bridge to Rio Vista. A friend in Discovery bay said that they'll be buying a big boat.

Got a couple of co-workers that mostly waterski in that area......
boaters...... and likes to.....
before getting on, or the ticket is.....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (omllenado)

Quote, originally posted by omllenado »

I have fished in the San Pablo Bay and on the banks of the Napa river. When I get my boat, the plans are to hit up the Bay on calm days and the Napa river flats and Sonoma Creek on less calm days.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Re: (Banned wagon)

Quote, originally posted by Banned wagon »
I just sold my commercial boat earlier this year.

Damn Ric! How many toys have you got?!? (Aside from the, "obviously one less now.")

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Re: (snowfox)

Quote, originally posted by snowfox »

Damn Ric! How many toys have you got?!? (Aside from the, "obviously one less now.")

well the fishing boat wasn't a toy. it used to bring in big cash every year but the salmon seasons keep getting shorter and less profitable.
how many toys i have? well if you ask my wife she will say too dam many!
(right now i am trolling craigslist....)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up my new boat yesterday. 1972 Bellboy with a 40hp Johnson on the back. Looks like a classic American car. I'll take pics later for there are fish to be caught and work to be done!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Re: Any fisherman in here? (OSD#15)

I too sold my IO 19.5' Four Winns "Cuddy" last year. But had a blast salmon fishing just out of the gate when the swells were 4 to 8 feet at 6-8 secs. Beyond that I stayed in the bay!
Love beer, love VW's and love fishing! (and boating of course)!
Nice boat mate!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Any fisherman in here? (ROC DOC)

Quote, originally posted by ROC DOC »
I too sold my IO 19.5' Four Winns "Cuddy" last year. But had a blast salmon fishing just out of the gate when the swells were 4 to 8 feet at 6-8 secs. Beyond that I stayed in the bay!
Love beer, love VW's and love fishing! (and boating of course)!
Nice boat mate!

That would scare me. We spent the night on the Napa River last night. Fished till midnight then got up at 7:00 and fished some more. Then we ran out of gas and barely made it in. This boat runs great when you get on it but it sure hates to idle, just like my mk2

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went fishing today out on the San Pablo Bay. Was a great day. Started my day off with a 10 lb stripped bass. But then I caught this monster.

We couldn't get it straight enough to get an accurate measurement so we bent the tape and got measured it as best as we could. 72" and well over 150 lbs. He put up a pretty good fight. Ended up breaking my reel. Fubared the pawl gear but it was definitely worth it. What a friggin rush. My back is killing me. Not bad for someone who started fishing a week ago

Here is the boat I picked up. I haven't taken my own pics yet so these are from the FS ad. I ripped out the interior and started redoing it. I'm about 70% done. I'll have pics up when I'm done.

Modified by OSD#15 at 8:52 PM 11-4-2007

1 - 20 of 24 Posts