VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finailly got all the parts needed for my conversion here, except a dam intercooler, i refuse to pay or cant pay for a dam nice shiny front mount like i want, so for the time being i just made some piping to the stock i/c. so.... anybody running this? what kinda boost you running? any dyno runs? any oppinions welcome.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: any g60 to turbo convertors running stock intercooler? (16v po boy)

well we know the stock one sucks for g60, so it may suck more for the turbo. You're not really asking a question are you?
the stock will work, but of course a better intercooler is going to yield more power. As the temps heat up you'll feel this more and more, probably not as much of an effect while its uber freezing out.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: any g60 to turbo convertors running stock intercooler? (g60vwr)

blah blah blah..I used the stock is on myturbo car...I live in cali so i had to use crappy 91 octane and I ran as much as 22psi and while i do agree almost any other ic option is better than the stock I hit 22psi on 91 with not detonation..use til you decide and can affoard a good ic system..btw 194whp 199wt @ 17psi stock motor/cam.....good luck
Branden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.