VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in an accident (other guy's fault) a few months ago, icbc wants to settle, but i don't know how much i should ask for. my back is pretty messed up and i had to go to massage therapy twice a week since the accident, and it still hurts. some people are telling me to get a lawyer, but i dont' know if it'll be worth it cause i don't know what i'm entitled to. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Re: any icbc lawyers in vancouver? (The AuDUBot)

Get a lawyer. The lawyer can hire someone to determine the amount
of time/money the injury has caused you (my prof used to do that for many
diff. cases) and thus determine a proper settlement for your injuries.
In this type of cases, lawyers will not even charge you. But will have the
insurance company cover your costs, depending on your income, etc.
good luck!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: any icbc lawyers in vancouver? (llutman)

ya but if you get a lawyer he takes like 25 - 35% of your settlement so you need to make sure if you get one that you will get 25 to 35% more....
you should threaten to get a laywer with insurance and scare em... then they will raise your settlement amount...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: any icbc lawyers in vancouver? (negoo)

yeah, that's what i was thinking. that's why i wanted to see if any of you guys were lawyers, so i can see if it'd be worth it. all i know is icbc offered my mom 4 grand and she got a lawyer and ended up with 27. i don't know if i can get that much by myself, cause i know those dorks at icbc lowball like no one's business.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Re: any icbc lawyers in vancouver? (The AuDUBot)

think about how much your mom ended up with, and then deduct 35%. you'll see that she ended up with more than the 4k that she was originally offered. Thus, its worth the time and money to get a lawyer. you'll end up with more, maybe not all, but more than you can get on your own.
Most likely, they won't budge until they SEE a lawyer. just play it safe and go get one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: any icbc lawyers in vancouver? (Atlantonius the IInd)

Was 4k their original offer?
if so, you probably could have negotiated on your own... or if you know a friend in law school that could give you some legal advice....

Joon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts