VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been emailing the guys over at Matrix, asking about their 3.1 and it's capabilities, etc. The guy told me that if you had a Collin head to the motor, it'll up the HP some more. I just wasn't familiar w/ the name, so I figured I'd ask yall.

·
Registered
37,711 Posts
Re: Any info/opinions on Collin head? (Que Aleman)

Think about it, name Collin, other popular shop in Oregon that has been building VW motors for awhile.. put two and two together and you get Collin at Techtonics!
I've never seen one of their heads, but I can't see it being nothing less than great. Also check into CCH heads that Velocity sells (what I have) and the new heads coming out of Shimmel Performance (Bill's new shop). I wouldn't trust a VR head to anyone but one of these three.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

I am having Matrix build a 3.1 for me right now, and the only thing that I am waiting on right now is my Collinhead.
Paul is completley right, Collin at Techtonics does the heads custom for Matirx and other companies. It takes forever to get it because he does them all custom along with the work that he does everyday for Techtonics, or when he is not out flying his plane.
Collin is a super nice guy and the heads that he does will outflow any other head on the markett.
Volks Cafe', Matrix Speedvision car, and other big names use the heads that Collin ports and polishes.
If you are fortunate enough to have Collin do a head for you, for sure you will love it, and it will compliment your 3.1 or other applications very well.
As I said earlier, I am doing a 3.1 as well and the only thing standing in the way of it being completed is the head, which Collin hopefully will have done soon.
None the less it will be worth the wait, and when it is complete I will let you know.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Any info/opinions on Collin head? (crazy-legs)

Good, I wanted to get in touch w/ you Crazy about your sh*t. I remember a while back you said that you were havin' them build an engine for you, that's what gave me the idea. The people over there, especially Jeremy, couldn't be any cooler w/ all the info they have provided me and from the looks of things, I will be very happy w/ a 3.1 NA from them.
Please do let me know when you get it.
Drop me an email or hit me up on IM if you see this, I've got some questions for you.

[Modified by Que Aleman, 6:25 PM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

Cool, well it is 5:20pst and I will be here until 9:00p.m.
I have been in a few of the 3.1's that they do and would be more then happy to answer any of your questions if you have any.
Those motors are freaking awesome!
They guys are Matrix are way cool, and Jeremy is great at fielding questions, and will ask others if he does not know the answer to questions v.s making it up and winging it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.