VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking about making copies in fiberglass of the Foha (VW Motorsport) rear spoiler for the
cabriolet/rabbit convertible. is there any interest? only difference is that mine will be in
fiberglass, so you can paint them to match your car, and mine will fit ALL '80-'93
rabbit conv/Cabriolets, with or without the 3rd brakelight. mounting will be
simple, just like the Foha spoilers, with doublesided body trim tape, and a
screw at each end.
i have a good donor now, (which will be for sale after the copy is made) and will be making a mold, modifying the copy to fit
all years, and then making another mold of, it, then casting the copy of
that. im still in the process of trying to see if i can find someone who is good
at making molds, and has experience making parts in fiberglass (anyone here?)
if not i will do it myself .. im gonna have some considerable time/labor
invested in this but im going to try to keep the price of the spoilers low so
that they will be affordable.. please email me if you are interested, ill keep
a list of names and email addys.. also email me for pics of what it looks
like on a car. its going to be the same as the Foha one, but will have a slight mod so it fits all years, and wont have the "vw motorsport" badging (sorry, cant put that on there because of legal reasons) but otherwise will look pretty much the same... its a very conservative lip spoiler, like the Mk1 jetta or Mk2 jetta spoilers. if anyone can host some images for me or can post a pic on here, i'll send them to you
chris
'90 cabby

Modified by jordanvw at 10:34 PM 2-16-2004

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (Millennium Falcon)

yes pics will help, and i have worked with fiberglass in the past

Modified by partstosell at 11:14 PM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (jordanvw)

like this:
http://yourhost.com/yourpic.jpg[/IMG}

(just use a square bracket at the the end there).

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (jordanvw)

http://www.imagestation.com does it, But as we all know they are having severe capacity issues, and therefore quite frankly SUCK @ZZ.
when you have a picture hosted on a internet site, merely put that address in this baby....

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (Hey its Antman)

yes thats the spoiler..thanks for posting the pic. keep in mind i'll be making this in fiberglass, so you can paint it to match your car.. i have some close up shots of it on another car , and a few more pics of it too if i can get someone to host them, or i can just email them to you..
chris
[email protected]

Modified by jordanvw at 6:55 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (digitaldub)

it'll look pretty much like the foha one pictured, but ill post a pic when im done. in order for me to make a bunch of these or have a bunch made, i need a bunch of people interested!!! got only 4 names so far.
. any more people? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif send me your email addys..
chris

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: any interest in Cabriolet rear spoiler? 80-93 (Moljinar)

im estimating the cost to be below 150 to keep it affordable but as u know it all depends on how much interest and how much time it takes to make the mold/modify/copy.etc.. i havent even started yet.. so far ive only got 5 people interested.. the more people interested, the less $ it will be..

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (bunnytrigger81)

the top pic of the spoiler on the blue cabby is pretty close..i have another one of it off the car, its not as close. do you want to see that? if i get too close, then it just gets blurry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: (jordanvw)

Hy IM STILL waiting for my spoiler so looks like if you can make a copy of the one that you have email me you have my email to buy one of those from you take care my friend..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts