VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to build a portfolio for my webdesign company (see sig.). Seeing as how I haven't really done much with the whole thing for a year now I want to get into gear. This is really just a feeler for people who would want to have a site that could provide some information on people and their cars, get together information, upcoming events (auto X, drag racing etc.) and just some general information about the local area and car tuning people and industry. I would first need a name, something simple like "south west Vw club", or "Arizona european car club", I am of course open to suggestions, but I'd like to keep it simple and not be something like "Super bomb ass phat tight cool import fast street racing fury posse", but that should go without saying. If anyone is interested in this just e-mail me[email protected]. If you've got any suggestions on a name for the site or for content and what not I'd like that too. Hopefully this will turn out to be something that can be called a reliable place for local VW / Car tuning and meeting information as well as help build up the community around here (and for my portfolio
). Well thanks for reading this whole thing If you have.

Clayton

[Modified by pnkthnurma, 4:03 PM 11-26-2001]

[Modified by pnkthnurma, 9:33 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (pnkthnurma)

Sounds like a good idea. It may get the vw community some more respect among local tuners/shops/dealers. One suggestion about the name...make it short, for ease of remembering and typing into address bar. Maybe azdubclub or azdubdrivers or azdriversfound. Just my $.02

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (tcrboravr6)

haha okay Well I think I'll just try and get some pictures of peoples cars. gregs, I fly Gti's who ever else has pictures I can download and I'll make up the page...then I'll need to gather the info from all you fockers.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It's and official work in progress...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (I_Fly_GTi)

First of all let's all take a pin and pop a few of the big heads around here not to name anyone. And most cars that will win a Car Show like SmackDown or Paracyde however you spell it, will be riced out not to name anyone again. No euro style stock looking car with clean lines or just nice looking will win at these, but if you have a system a chromed out engine with wires hanging out you can go win trophies in payson. No longer are the dubbers a group because we are separated by heads, riced out dubs and just attitudes. Maybe if people would decide that having a dub is meaning having a dub the german engineered car is no where near Japan and all the rice and get some style of there own we all could be a group not that i want to. How bout no more ideas that are stupid on club names you are all az dubers not SWE not a bad name like most said but it is the shop and i don't want a club under that name. nothing against them. I am knew to the whole thing here but i know of more conflicts in the small group we are spliting us to a smaller group than we possibly could be anyways. I know we don't get along and never really will. But we all share one common enemy and its name is rice. Not eachother i realize that phill is quite the joker and don't get punched phill but between all the rest of us seeing him say that at the top makes us wonder how he fits thru the doorway with that head. There are other guys here that work just as hard or harder for there car and don't get help from daddy or a company. So lets go ahead and help those people out. One more thing it is easy to blaim someone else for all the problems in a car show like faults in judging and poop, but i dont care who wins if i won a trophie for my pos i would be happy but if i showed my car i would be happy too i don't care, to me it is not about the trophy or show it is just seeing a car i built with my own money become a part of me my design and such, no longer will my car be a jetta it will be my jetta and no one will have sumthing like it and that is all i would want from a show. Just a thought.
And phill you gotta watch Juices virgin ears back in the other post with LMAO.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (Eurokustoms)

OK, I'll chime in here with some of my comments...
First and foremost.. we drive dubs for a reason.. because we enjoy them.
I have been contacted by the nation rep for H20 and am thinking about becoming the AZ rep for Club H20. If I did this, I would do my best to bring all of the local dubs togther under one group. The way I see it is this: It doesnt matter WHAT we do, we are all enthusiasts that enjoy spending time with our dubs.. no matter if its at the drag strip, or in some shopping mall parking lot, shooting the bull... we can all get along.
I am going to be a lot more tough in this forum on what gets posted because I think we can all get along without the name calling, flicking crap, etc. If you wanna be a part of it, please be a part...
So, what do you all think.. should I become the local rep for Club H20? I'd organize the local GTGs and include not only the Mk IVs, but everyone else as well.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (DaBlackJetta)

Greg,
I think there could be some benefits to being part of a larger nation wide club, but there could also be politics. I dont know the specifics of club H2O so I cannot say what their rules and reg.s are. Could the website mentioned earlier be the focal for the AZ chapter? Is Club H2O mostly for showing or do they supprt any of the motorsport aspect of the our marque?
BTW- I support tightening the belt on this forum.
Eurokustoms,
While I respect peoples opinion, it would be better received if it was written in a way that made sense. Dont take this as a flame, I am just saying that your post was difficult to understand what you are trying to convey.

·
Banned
8,951 Posts

Greg I read your thread and I really agree. I am a little pissed off how this kid comes in here and talks trash to me on a daily basis. I really want to rip him a new one but I will take care of that later. I will just say this
Eurokustoms, you dont know me, you have no idea how hard I work for my car, you have no idea how much I love my car and VW's as a whole. I didnt always drive the GTi, I had a 91 Jetta before as my first car, if you think your car has problems you dont even know the definition of the word. When I got my current better paying job I sold the Jetta and picked up a nice car payment and got the GTi. I am at work right now and I will be here tomorrow and everyday but Wednesday next week. Losing shows when you put as much work and every dollar you have seen for this entire year sucks because the car that you love more than anything isnt appreciated as much in return. Do you think that because my Dad runs a shop I am a bad person?? I try to help whenever I can. I really want to help everyone modify there cars but I feel like you arent giving me a chance. If I can do anything to help anyone I will, I give 10% discounts off many companies websites so people can get a better price on parts. Why you ask?? BECAUSE I LIKE VW'S!!!! My comment above has nothing to do with shows, but has everything to do with the fact that I hang out with all R icers all day on a daily basis and I can never talk to them about cars because they dont understand that driving a VW means not having a car with a gutted interior and no cat, but a car that you can drive to work, take to the track, and take a lady friend out on the town all in one day. It means not sacrificing creature comforts and being a part of a unique group of people. Do you know what Volkswagen means?? For the People and thats exactly what it is. I dont see you out on the track with us, I ran the slowest times out of the whole group and did I piss and moan?? No. I had a great time and am looking forward to doing it again. I have yet to meet a person from this page in person that I didnt like. Everyone here is cool as hell to chill with and the only person who makes it apparent that they dont like me is you. I hope no one else shares your feelings and I would appreciate it if you would start talking to my face rather than hiding behind your computer. Its not like it will be hard for you to find me, I go to your school. Why dont you start your own club, call it, "SWE sucks and I hate Phill" that way you can let the world know how you feel.
Sorry for going off, this is just getting a little old. Here this for soiling your eyes
and for the hangover

Edit: Pnkthnurma I'm sorry your thread got ruined. I want to do a local website and I will get some pics from of my 3 friends Dubs as well.
Edit2: My spelling is horrible.
Edit3: Your calling me a R icer...nice VR6 badge.

[Modified by I_Fly_GTi, 4:56 PM 12-1-2001]

[Modified by I_Fly_GTi, 8:49 PM 12-1-2001]

[Modified by I_Fly_GTi, 8:36 AM 12-2-2001]

[Modified by I_Fly_GTi, 8:38 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (pnkthnurma)

Greg- yes you should be an H20 rep.
I_Fly_Gti- Don't worry about the thread
Eurokustoms- I dunno what the situation is but calm down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (rferic18)

I really don't hate anyone in here a lot of people annoy me with what they say and sumtimes i annoy other people, but it isn't easy to be 17 and try to make my car nice i work everyday but tuesdays and get payed very crappy. I dunno if you read my like last post in the first ever thing i put up but phill unlike you you my dad doesn't support this poop 100% i have to go around him every two seconds even if i am cleaning my car he gets pissed. When i got springs his was pissed and with wheels even more, he doesn't know i have bilsteins now and for you it is easy to have a nice car cuz a simple change to mine and my dad sees is i will be in trouble. He thinks my car is fine how it is. Most of you all live away from home so all this is not a problem. Phill you don't know what you got cuz you dad is behind you 100% and that is what pissed me off you don't have to be home at like 10 on saterdays, don't have to sneek parts around, and you get discounts. that is the reason you annoy me cuz you can get what you want and your dad won't care, even the porche rims. I never talked to you in person except when i had the 17s on my car. I don't wanna talk to you cuz all i do is talk $hit but if you could hook me up that would be great with a 10% but i don't think you would for me. My car is in serious need of body work and what not but i am sure your shop hates me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
8,951 Posts

I DONT CARE!!!!! SHUT UP!!!! GO WHINE TO SOMEONE ELSE!!! Do you want me to come give you a hug?? WTF do you want from me?? Do you nned someone to hold your hand and tell you it will bo all good?? Why do you cry to me after DIRECTLY insulting and bad mouthing me and my shop?? If you feel that I owe you an apology for having a cool Dad and having a shop in my family your not going to get it. Quit your whining it makes you look like a woman.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: Any interest in having a website for the local Vws?? (I_Fly_GTi)

quote:[HR][/HR]Quit your whining it makes you look like a woman.
[HR][/HR]​
But even my woman doesnt whine like this.
Sorry fellas.. gonna lock this one down.. don't need any more of this.
Phil, I missed ya last night.. heard ya were bumpin rev limiter in the parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.