VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98' Jetta ABA
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my rolled for my 16x9 205/45/16 wheels and the shop I took it too only rolled the top section and left the front part of the fender unrolled. I mounted my wheels and took them out for the first time and it was rubbing and cutting tires. I took it back to the shop and he said that’s where body is connected together. Is this true? And will there be any issues if he tries to roll it?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

sorry it’s kinda hard to see but the lip just before it tapers down in the front of the fender.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
He's so full of sh!t. There's no body connection in that area on the fenders lol. My fenders are rolled flat all the way around.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
He's so full of sh!t. There's no body connection in that area on the fenders lol. My fenders are rolled flat all the way around.
yes on the front fenders, but on the rear there are 4 places that the inner trunk metal meets the outer fender. Reported for name calling and baiting. you are killing these forums with your attitude.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
That’s what I like to hear lol
And when they are rolled flat all the way around, expect to see the paint start to split on the edge of the lip at some point. If you want to maintain the condition of your fenders the shop is not necessarily misleading you, they likely don't want to deal with the the high potential of cracked paint and bacon lips.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
guarantee you will have chipped paint, the ONLY way to stop it is to scribe a line on the paint at the point it will start to roll and sand it all down and paint it after you roll it. use a heat gun on the area before the roll and it should be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts