VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on rt1 going home when I got a Cel code p2293, I called VW in medford and with the milage I have it says its still under factory warranty 50k or until April 30th 2012, he said it could be a cam. Follower or cams it self, he said they fix it for free aslong if I dont have mods, I only have forge catch can, nuespeed intake, forge dv, and a boost gauge....no tuning,,,ill hate to have to swap everything back to stock and I know for the mods I have didn't cause the problem, what should I do any suggestions ?:banghead:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was on rt1 going home when I got a Cel code p2293, I called VW in medford and with the milage I have it says its still under factory warranty 50k or until April 30th 2012, he said it could be a cam. Follower or cams it self, he said they fix it for free aslong if I dont have mods, I only have forge catch can, nuespeed intake, forge dv, and a boost gauge....no tuning,,,ill hate to have to swap everything back to stock and I know for the mods I have didn't cause the problem, what should I do any suggestions ?:banghead:
In order to refuse warranty work they have to PROVE the mods you have caused the issue.

I have never had experience with medford VW. I got my car from Gallery in Norwood they are a great dealership however as I have only had my car for a little over a week I don't know how mod friendly they are.

·
Registered
27,590 Posts
none of those mods would void this particular warranty issue

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Bring it to wellesley vw, they are mod friendly. You won't have to worry about changing anything back. BTW if the HPFP is damaged they are on national back order.

Hold on, you have an '08, VW does NOT count that as the warranty extension. Even though the first half of 08 is a BPY then switched over to the TSI. The warranty extension only counts for 2006 and 2007 only. I don't know why they don't recognize early 08's.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bring it to wellesley vw, they are mod friendly. You won't have to worry about changing anything back. BTW if the HPFP is damaged they are on national back order.

Hold on, you have an '08, VW does NOT count that as the warranty extension. Even though the first half of 08 is a BPY then switched over to the TSI. The warranty extension only counts for 2006 and 2007 only. I don't know why they don't recognize early 08's.
We'll. I made an appointment with Kelly VW since its right down the street from my job...if they give me any BS ill go there....thanks for the response ill post up tomorrow if they taking care of it ....

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
We'll. I made an appointment with Kelly VW since its right down the street from my job...if they give me any BS ill go there....thanks for the response ill post up tomorrow if they taking care of it ....
It's still covered under the 5 year 60K.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In order to refuse warranty work they have to PROVE the mods you have caused the issue.

I have never had experience with medford VW. I got my car from Gallery in Norwood they are a great dealership however as I have only had my car for a little over a week I don't know how mod friendly they are.
none of those mods would void this particular warranty issue

It's still covered under the 5 year 60K.

heres my plan if they refuse to work with me...tell me what u guys think :peace:

1. Im getting proof that i bought my car in december with 40225 and now has 42883 (i put less than 3k on it)
2. 2 weeks ago i added my modds so i have receipts from Ecstuning.com and mjmautohaus.com DATES when and i placed the order for the parts and when it was shipped ..this is to prove i just recently modded my gti..
3. if any excessive damage to the cam, or cam follower or ect. it wont just happen from the date i ordered my part till now? any damage like that takes time to fail not 2 weeks or 3k miles

this is what im going to use against them if it works it works if it doesnt then well ill see what i can do cuz seriously i think its bull**** that they wont cover any crap cuz of my air filter and catch can and dv valve..... seriously the modds actually help the car in the long run lol ill find out tomorrow i already made an appointment for tomorrow and Vin# and name was given...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.