VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after speaking to my Air Force recruiter tonite I just found out after thinking I was going to be stationed in Beautiful Vandenberg, CA, that I'm going to be in Great Falls, Montana instead. A bit of a switch, but anything will beat the monotany of upstate NY. Just wondering if any vortexers are from the area, and will my dub live out there? It's about 2" off the ground. Well, looking forward to the move!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Re: Any Montana dubbers out there? (deisel)

Are you ready for the cold and wind? Oh yeh ... you are from Buffalo, never mind. There are few dubs in Montana. Only one dealer in the state I think. There was a guy on here a while ago from Missoula. That's about 2.5 or 3 hours from GF. If you enjoy the outdoors (hiking, fishing, hunting) you are going to meca though. Did I mention that the wind blows?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Any Montana dubbers out there? (VR6GTI'00')

heh, yeah i suppose. i guess it's a good excuse to get 4motion put on the car
it's ok though, i love to snowboard, so it'll be fine out there i'm sure.

Modified by deisel at 5:56 PM 5-7-2003

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

Rennwagens is a club from Missoula MT through Seattle WA. We have a bunch of dubs in Missoula. Get ahold of Rennwagen1 or IM him or I to talk about meeting up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts

Have fun in GF Malstrom sucks. I just moved from Missoula (1hr-2hrs away from GF) to seattle. Rennwagon1 will beable to hook you up with some Dubs. He converted me into a DUB fan. I don't know if you like to shoot or anything but it would be a good idea to take a .22 or somthing because that is all there is to do around Great Falls. There are lots of lil bunnys and gophers to shoot.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Re: Any Montana dubbers out there? (Rennwagon3)

Woo Hoo, Montanans talking on the Vortex.
I'm in Bozeman, pretty much the same town as Belgrade. There are a few dubbers in the Bozeman area, but we've never organized a GTG or anything, but at the last autocross, 10 out of 32 cars were VAG.
There is a pretty organized SCCA group in Great Falls that put on several autocrosses every summer.
BTW it snowed in Bozeman yesterday

·
Registered
253 Posts
Re: (ValveFloat)

Reviving an old thread here to just say hello

Bought my GL in Butte this previous August, but haven't had time until recently to pay any attention to it. Im just going through and fixing everything that isn't perfect right now.. lots of minor issues. Then I can start with the fun stuff

I am down in Dillon, which is about an hour and a half south of Butte. And incase your Montana geography isn't great, Butte is about another hour and a half south of Missoula(Born and raised in Missoula up until 2 years ago).
So far only MK2 I have seen in the Dillon area is a silver/grey GTI. See it every now and then driving past my office window.
Oh and I fully intend to checkout the Montana SCCA Autocross events this year!

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Re: (EuroVR6)

im not from montana but i will be driving through there in like 12 days. im on my way from denver to calgary, doin a lil trip to meet my gf's mom and also to go to lake louise and whistler, hopefully i see at least 1 VW as i drive thgouh....i dont know where im driving through all i know is im going straight north to get to calgary

if anybody sees a lowered indigo blue GTI with montes and a few other things done to it honk wave, flash your lights do whatever that woudl be me

·
Registered
188 Posts

I'm moving back to bozeman after a long terrible move to the "great" state of wisconsin...I need those mountains back..I'll be back there around june of next year hopefully there will still be some dubs in bozeman. and if you're from bozeman..I probably know you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.