VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: any news on the VR6 MAF? (kevwithoutacorrado)

IIRC a guy from this corrado forum was working with a tuning company who did primarily maf performance stuff on american sports cars. well, after some good testing and research they managed to pull a consistant 15 hp out of this tuned vr6 maf.
i believe he had an eggplant colored rado. his results seemed very convincing and im pretty sure he even had some dynos on line to see the gains.
somebody will know what im talking about.....
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
5,170 Posts
Re: any news on the VR6 MAF? (J3ohno2.0)

bump.. this sounds interesting
$600 for 15hp.. not bad for a VR considering the HP you get from other mods in that pricerange..

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: any news on the VR6 MAF? (a_grl_n_her_rado)

I would like to see this done on a healthier car. There are already billet maf housings for the F/I guys. I made 20 more hp and tq than that car's baseline w/ the mods in my sig.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: (KrazeeKorrado13)

so...you can buy just a ready-to-go MAF kit, bolt it in and drive or do you need to fine tune it before you can go anywhere? will it work with aftermarket chips? (GIAC)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (pwellen)

Quote, originally posted by pwellen »
so...you can buy just a ready-to-go MAF kit, bolt it in and drive or do you need to fine tune it before you can go anywhere? will it work with aftermarket chips? (GIAC)

from what it sounded like the completed maf will be plug and play

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (pwellen)

theyre guesstimating a $500 price tag, which seems very reasonable for a reliable honest 15hp

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: (ichiroboston)

i'm curious, what's this MAF all about and how the hell can you get ANY hp increase out of a sensor?

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
Re: any news on the VR6 MAF? (J3ohno2.0)

well my noggin is telling me that because the sensor senses and thus regulates the air/fuel mixture, that modifying the sensor would also modify the a/f. And more a/f means more power...I don't know how the hell they do it, and don't quote me on any of this seeing as I know less than jack...but it makes sense to me. And even if it didn't 500 bucks for a good hp gain, who cares if it makes sense.

same as a cold air intake allows for better mixture with compressed air resulting in better a/f mixture (you can get more of both seeing as the air is denser/smaller and you can fit more fuel where the hot air would have been).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts