VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm from NJ and we're not allowed to pump our own gas but on occasion, the attendent will tell me the fuel door isn't opening. A few times I put my key in the door lock, locked and unlocked the car and told him to try again. Other times I just tell them there is not release...just open it!
I'm not sure if my locking mechinism is hanging or that the attendents just aren't seeing that they need to put their finger in the little groove and PULL out .
Anyone else had problems with the gas door lock or with an attendent?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Re: any on had this happen (marcogyver)

mine does that too sometimes. I think it is just the pin, that locks it when the doors are locked, just sticking out a little bit and holding the door in. Try bending the thing the pin goes into a little bit for it to clear the pin when unlocked.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: any on had this happen (KidCorrado)

Thanks! It's one of those things I don't think of until it happens at the station.

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,371 Posts
Re: any on had this happen (marcogyver)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sorry I'm from NJ and we're not allowed to pump our own gas but on occasion, [HR][/HR]​
I live in Delaware and work in Mt Laurel and I get my gas in NJ. I always pump my own, I never let them touch my car. Even in the dead of winter. That's the way I like it so that's the way it is.
But from what I hear, NJ will be adopting Self Service soon and there goes the cheaper gas prices. The stations will need to pay more insurance.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: any on had this happen (90 GT-G60)

Yup, thats what I hear also. Unfortunately, my C's body isn't the shape it was years ago. With that said, I let the attendants fill it. I would like to get body work in the future and then I won't let their hands touch her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts