VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious did anyone got the europe wood or change the stock silver into something else?

I think I saw someone with piano black trim? or maybe I was day dreaming....:confused:

So please post some pictures and give an approx cost/time of the job will help too

Thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
I've been thinking of repainting my trim (high gloss black), looked up quite a few DIYs but I'm not sure about doin it myself until I see the finished product on someone else's. I know there are 4-5 trims available from parts departments but they get pretty expensive, Piano black being the most expensive as its on the Europe Individual CC.

· Registered
257 Posts
I've been thinking of repainting my trim (high gloss black), looked up quite a few DIYs but I'm not sure about doin it myself until I see the finished product on someone else's. I know there are 4-5 trims available from parts departments but they get pretty expensive, Piano black being the most expensive as its on the Europe Individual CC.
I scratched my brushed aluminum trim :banghead: but I dont think that is what you had in mind. So I wont supply any pics.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys I need some help
Couple questions

-Why is there wires on the trim pieces? Do they light up or something?
Behind our silver trim is there a place I can plus these wires in and let it do what it suppose to do?

-Seller only selling 4. Will I be able to order the rest (3pieces from the front) from my local dealer?
if so anyone know the part number for it? or somewhere I can get it?

Thanks guys

· Registered
140 Posts
That's odd about the wires. My car came with the factory wood and I can tell you that nothing lights up on it or around it.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Ok guys I need some help
Couple questions

-Why is there wires on the trim pieces? Do they light up or something?
Behind our silver trim is there a place I can plus these wires in and let it do what it suppose to do?

-Seller only selling 4. Will I be able to order the rest (3pieces from the front) from my local dealer?
if so anyone know the part number for it? or somewhere I can get it?

Thanks guys
Ambience Lighting is the name.

Nice find by the way.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
vanosss M3Tech
Can you elaborate on the lighting more? or provide a link with info about it?
Do i need to buy some extra part for it to light up?

cuz IAHCC4MOTION said his factory stock wood wont light up
Could this be a european thing?

if you know anything about these trim please feel free to give some advise
tried google it found nothing about it yet

currently I found 2 seller for these trim both used
-4 piece like above for about $250
-7 piece (3 extra for the front) $370

both are pretty good deal right?
just hoping it is not a dead posting cuz no response from seller about shipping yet

so still debating to go with 4 or 7
any suggestion?

Thanks,

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I don't know if you need extra parts or how it is connected. Mine is installed from factory.. It sounds like a european thing :)

As they say... Pics or it didn't happen!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.