VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has ne one here change all there mounts to polyeurothane.i jus bought the set from kcd. and want to know how the ride is. i heard it vibrates a lot. any personal experience

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (benzivr6)

All mounts execept trans which is a vw motorsport. Yes it does vibrate, but after they break in a bit, much less vibration, unless the car is cold.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (jok3sta)

Barely any additional vibration with my Turn2 set. I've heard the KCD vibrates a good amount on a 4 cylinder car.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (Curb Feeler)

I got turn2 all aroud execpt the tranny which is stock and a little vibration occurs but not much and after awhile hte mounts break in and you will love them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (benzivr6)

good thanx. any big diff with the tranny mount. i have those too.

·
Registered
688 Posts

I have a mixture of kcd and Turn2. The biggest difference I noticed as far as vibration is concerned was when I installed the drivers side tranny mount. The vibration is really only noticable at idle.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

KCD, I love them. Is the only way to hold my engine in place. Before the engine mounts I would have to change the engine mounts every year (at least the front one), so they are worth the difference
I didn't notice alot of increased vibration.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (stone)

The reason teh tranny mount makes more "vibration" is do to teh fact that it is right in front of you on the drivers side. vibration is increased at idle, especially when cold. Another reason it will feel teh vibration is due to teh fact that it is on teh cars subframe , not teh front cross memeber. Thanks guys ...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

every mount in my car is KCD and they kick ass... best investment in my car yet

·
Registered
18,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (PhOO)

i cant wait to put mine in. i get my car bak on monday

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (VeeDubBBoy)

Hey, Boge is the MAN that can hook you up.
You will not regret it.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Re: any one have all 5 mounts poly (PhOO)

good lookin .. unfortunatlly i still dont have a website yet, i am looking into doing one over these winter months. i will throw pics up on a photopoint site this weekend.
Thanks Todd

[Modified by Boge VR6, 12:25 PM 12-1-2001]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts