VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the Topic suggests, anyone install and saw a difference in the sound quality from the NA OEM player? I don't really need Navi, I'm looking into a portable, but don't want an aftermarket CD player, I want to keep it OEM. Want to know if it is a plug and play, before looking into contacting a german seller about buying one from German ebay.
Thanks.
Yes I tried search...only aftermarket treads.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (SilverBulletR32)

Is this the changer that goes in the back or the in dash changer? If it's the one for the back there'll be no problems. Just hook it up to the harness back there already and mount it up.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (BrewDude)

I think he meant the one that goes in the dash...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (1krautburner)

No I mean the single disc player from the Euro Golf/Bora. I read in a tread that the Australian R32 came with a 6 disc changer in the dash.
The title maybe should have been clairified, OEM DELTA CD player.
Sorry

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (SilverBulletR32)

I think the single DIN Monsoon had better sound quality than our double DIN. I'm not sure if it was a Euro model or not.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (1krautburner)

I thought about that model as well, but the empty pocket in the dash is just not for me, I heard or read somewhere that the Euro model is made by Blaupunkt. The Delphi unit is OK, I don't use the cassette, and the CD player is used most of time, unless I listen to the sweet music of the exhaust
. The one benefit of the Euro unit is OEM and DSP option.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Man, I can't believe no one on this forum can answer my question, at least plug n play for our NA cars.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts

If it's a single DIN then NO it's not plug and play. You'd have to get the adapter harness and also find a single DIN receiver.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (BrewDude)

I am refering to the double din delta 6 oem cd player.
So what your saying is, that it will pulg n play with the stock monsoon amplifier.
The reason I'm asking, before I spend the money for the oem cd player, and come to find out that it will not work would suck. Just a thought because I found a guy in germany that can get me one, I want to get a euroswitch minus the front fogs, and avant rear wiper at the same, less shipping cost, plus oem stuff
Thanks

·
Registered
17,666 Posts

IM Greg (GomobileR32) He's the resident ICE master.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (rabbitgtibbar)

This one?

If so, then yes it should fit. Only thing you'll have to change is coding via VAG-Com.

Modified by BrewDude at 9:55 AM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Exactly the one. I spoke with Greg, cool guy and helpful, told me to ask GS Audio, about the wiring harness compatibilty with the NA. I thought that all you need is the radio code to make it work
. What parameters do I need to change through Vag-com.
Did you know someone that did the conversion and were they happy....is it worth the time????
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

i know i took my 6 cd changer out of my 99 mk3 jettta and it workds and fits perfect in the space provided in the trunk im guessing i will work with the oem navi also

·
Registered
10,311 Posts

First off...get the radio code if you happen to purchase it, or else you're SOL. As far as the parameters in VAG-Com, you simply tell the radio what car its in, monsoon or not, and a few other things.
From Ross-Tech's website:
56- Radio: – KWP1281
VAG-COM appears to work fine.
Radio Recoding:
[Select]
[56 - Radio]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]
Look at the first two digits in the coding (sound field tuning):
00 - All models with Premium VI w/o Multifunction Steering Wheel
01 - Golf/GTI
02 - Jetta
03 - Jetta Wagon
04 - All models with Premium VI with Multifunction Steering Wheel
06 - New Beetle
Look at the third digit in the coding (radio/speaker system):
0 - Premium V or Premium VI (Monsoon)
4 - Premium IV, Premium V, or Premium VI (non-Monsoon)
Look at the fourth digit in the coding (sound correction):
0 - Premium IV, Premium V, or Premium VI (non-Monsoon)
3 - Premium V (Monsoon) 2-door or Premium VI (Monsoon)
4 - Premium V (Monsoon) 4-door
Look at the fifth digit in the coding (CD player/changer):
1 - Without CD Player/Changer
3 - With CD Player/Changer
So, if you have a 2-door GTI with Monsoon and a CD changer, 01,0,3,3 = 01033.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
5,536 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BrewDude »
This one?

If so, then yes it should fit. Only thing you'll have to change is coding via VAG-Com.

Modified by BrewDude at 9:55 AM 4-24-2006

Ah, OK. now I see which unit it is. I had envisioned the wrong unit. Again, beside the VAG coding and anti-theft code you'll need to see what harness plugs into the rear of the radio. If there is a way for the seller to send a photo of the plugs and/or receptacle on the back of the radio, post it up or IM me and I'll let you know if it's a simple plug n play, or if you'll need some type of adaptor like as needed when adding an OEM Euro nav unit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (GomobileR32)

Hey Greg, thanks again for sparing some time to talk earlier. I tried to find the a photo and no luck, all the other auctions on german ebay are done, the only one, that shows up is the one above. There is a square block for 2-3 plugs like the Navi and two rca looking female plugs on other side, if that helps

BrewDude, Thanks for the parameters to fix in Vag-com. Much appreciated
Thanks guys for the current help.

·
Registered
962 Posts

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does this radio do RDS and maybe even CD-Text?
The display in the picture posted seems to at least imply the former, so the latter might be a possibility.
If so, I might be interested in getting one, too. Where are you getting it from?
Ronald

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (BLUL8N)

I don't know of the CD-Text and RDS, but maybe. I link with a guy from germany who runs fischer motorsports.
"Fischer Motorsport" <[email protected]>
He sells HIDS, and accesories for VW and BMW. He said he can get it and he's looking into the wiring harness as well.
- Radio Delta (single CD), $999,-- USD
- 6 CD changer (assembly in the trunk), $399,-- USD
or Radio Gamma + 6 CD change for second DIN shaft front, $1.199,-- USD
- european headlight switch, $69,-- USD
- Aero rear wiper assembly, $49,90 USD
Assuming the Units are brand new.
Hope this helps...maybe a group buy

·
Registered
871 Posts

Hi all... bumping this back up to add some info here.
I have one of the OEM European double din Delta 6 radio's in my possesion (exactly as pictured in above posts).
OK... I have two Vdubs...
- 2003 Passat Wagon with the standard double DIN headunit (non moonson set-up no external amp) with 6 disc OEM changer in the back.
- 2003 GTI with the standard double din monsoon set-up (i.e. external amp in the back) along with the OEM 6 disc CD changer.
I got the Delta 6 this winter (via German Ebayer willing to ship to USA). I did a bunch of digging and from what I found all this unit needed was vagcom coding to work in the GTI (see quotes pasted in at the bottom of my post).
I have NOT yet tried putting the Delta6 into the GTI (will be doing this soon in the next week I hope). I have tried it out in my Passat this winter. It worked without a hitch. It plugged directly in to the exsisting stock harness and antenna hook ups, turned it on, entered the security code, and I was up and running. Didn't need to vagcom anything in the Passat, it controlled the CD changer and definetly sounded better than ther stock double din unit (in this set-up the Delta 6 directly drives the speakers in the Passat).
- I do not recall the radio displaying CD text info, I do not think it does this.
- It does have RDS. You can be driving down the road listening to a CD or another radio station, and when a traffic broadcast comes on, it switches over for the traffic broadcast (on whatever station that is) and when over it swtiched you back.
- It also displays radio station data if that particular station is broadcasting that info... The info varies from just the name of the radio station to the station, prorgam, and track being played... depending on the statsion and what text data the decide to broadcast.
To get the radio to work in MY GTI with its monsoon set-up, I will need to VAG-Com it to tell it is talking to an external amp and not speakers.
Here is some info I have dug up about this from previous posting sabout the Dleta 6 radio in other forums:
Quote, originally posted by Egorka »

Ok... this night at SoCal GTG Dan helped me again to change radio codes by using VAG-COM. At the first it was set to (I'm listing only last 5 digits from the radio code) 00401 and we changed it to 00033. Basically we left first to digits as it is meaning - 00 - All models with Premium VI w/o Multifucntioning Steering Wheel. The third digits which controls radio/speakers system coding was changed from 4 - non-Monsoon to 0 - Monsoon because I have a Monsoon amplifier still installed in the trunk. The fourth digit which controls sound correction coding was changed from 0 - non-Monsoon to 3 -Monsoon. And the last fifth digit was changed from 1 - no CD Player/Changer to 3 - CD Player/Changer.
My first impression was that the bugging "click-click-click" noise at the moment of turning on the radio system dissapeared. Secondly, the speakers doesn't rattle that much anymore and the system remained all that full range of frequencies coming from the speakers like it was before the coding. The sound sounds more correctly processed through the system and amplifier. However, there is a noticeble difference in the sound between CD player and CD changer now. Before coding the radio system it wasn't that obvious. When CD player plays there is not enough rich base (it was enough of it from CD player before coding). Although this is not the case when CD changer plays.

Quote, originally posted by Helicon Twist »
After much trial and error, several dead ends, and finally valuable input from UK Mk-IV's, I've figured out the 5-digit soft-coding needed for OEM sound systems (e.g. Gamma radio, MFD Nav system). It's not complete, but it's close

Euro-Market VW radio coding
X#### (1st digit): Country code
0 = default; nothing else "works"
#X### (2nd digit): Vehicle sound-tuning
1 = "works," vehicle unknown
2 = Bora (Jetta)
4 = Golf
6 = "works," vehicle unknown
8 = New Beetle
##X## (3rd digit): Amplification
0 = 4 active (amplified) speakers (e.g. Monsoon)
4 = 4 passive speakers
5 = 2 passive speakers (front, no rear, as on some Euro cars)
###X# (4th digit): DSP option (Euro-market accessory)
0 = not installed
2 = active ("GALA" disappears from radio)
####X (5th digit): CD, instrument display (radio system info in MFA) options
1 = no CD, no instrument display
3 = CD only, no instrument display
5 = instrument display enabled, no CD
7 = CD installed + instrument display enabled
Edit to correct options for the 3rd digit

Modified by Helicon Twist at 10:47 AM 11-19-2003

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Any one installed Euro OEM DELTA 6 CD player in the 32.....plug n play (RichB)

Finally, someone that installed the unit and it worked. I almost lost faith in the forum......I just it was just a odd tread, since everyone is going aftermarket or navi.
I haven't heard back from the guy in Germany....I am assuming that this info he sent is about a brand new unit?????
Anyways, tell me how it works out for the GTI, MKIV right????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts