VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2004 mk4 r32/ 2020 audi sq5/09 gti golf/06 subaru sti/92 corrado vr6/90 corrado g60/04 Ford lighting
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pick her up last weekend and I want to lift her up about 2 inches, owner told me it have broadway static coilovers witch the coilovers are hight adjustable,rebound adjustable and dampening adjustable and camber adjustable.Also maybe some can recommend shop close to nyc or I can pay some body who can come to me and do it for me please just make sure you know what you doing see picture below
SHE IS TO LOW FOR NYC 馃ぃ

Attachments

Registered
2004 .:R32
You need spano wrenches.. if not, a flat head screw driver and a hammer.

Take the wheels off and spin the perches up.

Reactions: Peter210

Registered
I鈥檇 suggest that have somebody do the work for you. If you鈥檙e adjusting all four corners, you鈥檒l want to have a set of scales to weigh the corner weights of the car, so you don鈥檛 screw the handling up completely. You also need to do a four wheel alignment, so my suggestion would be to find a shop that does that sort of work on track cars and have them do it.

Registered
2004 mk4 r32/ 2020 audi sq5/09 gti golf/06 subaru sti/92 corrado vr6/90 corrado g60/04 Ford lighting
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I鈥檇 suggest that have somebody do the work for you. If you鈥檙e adjusting all four corners, you鈥檒l want to have a set of scales to weigh the corner weights of the car, so you don鈥檛 screw the handling up completely. You also need to do a four wheel alignment, so my suggestion would be to find a shop that does that sort of work on track cars and have them do it.
It's not hard to do, all I have to is loose nut on the bottom and raise it up about 1" to 2"
I just have to have equal measurements all corners. I can mark spring and do 360 turn ,if I do six 360 turn on one then all will be same .Wheel alignment not necessary since am not replacing it , but I will see after I do how it drives

Registered
Trust me, you don鈥檛 know that it鈥檚 corner balanced as it is, so raising it as you suggest might still result in the corner whites being off. In any event, it will absolutely require an alignment, as both the camber and the toe will change when you raise the ride height. That much is guaranteed, take my word for it鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well in that case I'm I will consider getting alignment

Registered
Great, that鈥檚 a good thing. Consider finding a shop that has corner balancing scales, too. It doesn鈥檛 take long to weigh a car.

For what it鈥檚 worth, every car that I have owned that has had adjustable corner heights has been out of spec when I weighed it. That includes cars that had never been modified and were still running on their factory settings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, that鈥檚 a good thing. Consider finding a shop that has corner balancing scales, too. It doesn鈥檛 take long to weigh a car.

For what it鈥檚 worth, every car that I have owned that has had adjustable corner heights has been out of spec when I weighed it. That includes cars that had never been modified and were still running on their factory settings.
Ok thx for help,I will definitely get wheel alignment after I will lift up about 1" or 2" on coilovers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts