VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 88 golf 8 valve digifant and its preety slow can anyone tell me of some performance parts to gain more hp i already got a k&n intake and thats about it thanks

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Re: any performance parts for a 88 golf 8 valve digifant 2 (lucky_vw_golf)

1/2" bit and a stock airbox. Go nuts. 90+ 8v dual outlet manifold and dp, a few minor exhaust mods....it'll yield a few on the "ass-dyno". http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
949 Posts

yeah a really good performance part that most people put in their 8v's is a VR6
naa just playing I dont have the money for one, and I dont supose you do either.. umm exhaust is always a good thing to do... personally Im putting dual sidedraft carbs, a decent header, and a full custom exhaust, and some mild head work... soon as i have more money a big a$$ cam. all of that has cost me just under a grand, but this has been ongoing for like 5 months....with everything else being done too ( trans, interor, roll cage, pulling fenders, shaving everything!, custom hood scoop for carbs to breath... bla bla bla and sooo much more)
i need a beer... good luck dood

Modified by skidpan at 7:47 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Re: any performance parts for a 88 golf 8 valve digifant 2 (skidpan)

My 92 Jetta 8v has:
Neuspeed P-Flo
Neuspeed 260º cam
Corrado G60 exhaust manifold
OBDI MkIII downpipe
G60 catalytic converter
local exhaust shop 2" after-cat system
And made 100hp/103lb-ft at the wheels. And passed smog last week.
The engine isn't the problem in these cars, it's the suspension. Trust me, with some good aftermarket springs, shocks and rear sway bar, the car comes alive. Since you're relatively close, try to make it to some of the GTG's and see what other people are doing to the 8v cars.
BTW, the best upgrade you can make to any car is driving school. You'll be amazed at how fast your car really is.
HTH

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Re: any performance parts for a 88 golf 8 valve digifant 2 (CasaDelShawn)

I have a totally rebuilt/modded digi2 8v motor fer sale...check the sig and IM me if you want some parts er the whole shabang.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: any performance parts for a 88 golf 8 valve digifant 2 (CasaDelShawn)

CasaDelShawn said:
My 92 Jetta 8v has:
Neuspeed P-Flo
try to make it to some of the GTG's and see what other people are doing to the 8v cars.
Whats GTG's ?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

OK, since you're a n00b...
is considered kind of rude on these boards, unless it is obvious that you're joking.
GTG=Get ToGether
1/2" bit is just what he said. A 1/2" drill bit. If you don't know what this is, please do not attempt to modify your car unsupervised.
DP=DownPipe. It's the piece of your exhaust system that goes between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter.
The best thing for you to do is to spend some time with the search function (located in the upper right corner of this page), and read the Golf II & Jetta II forums for a few days. You'd be surprised at how many of your questions are answered simply by reading the forums and using the search.
Good luck, and have fun with the car! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts