VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic states.....I know the fitment is tough because of the offset and greasecaps, so there is a limited selection but I'd like to get your input....it'll be more of "street" van But will also be used for camping here and there!!!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Any pics or suggestions on 16" or 17" wheels for 89 vanagon carat!?!?! (Eric Didier)

Hey what's up fella's, Thanks for the reply. Eric your van is pimp...... I was lookin at getting some Porsche hollow-spokes..to set mine apart-----not to clone.....because I definatly like the look!!! but only come in 18x8 and 18x10/11, That and I'll need to get bigger rotors, but I'm kinda concerned with the ride quality with the 40 and 35 series tire. I was thinking of 17"s w/50's so there a liitle extra meat for the bumps!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Ceeberjeebers)

All of the Vans look really good!!!! Ceeberjeebers, what series of tire are you running and what is yout offset with 8.5? I was leaning toward a 17x8 or an 18x8. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On the front:
Bridgestone Potenza RE040
94W 225/50/R17 -rated at 1477lbs.
Directional.
On the rear:
Bridgestone Potenza RE92
93W 225/50R17 -rated at 1433lbs.
Non-Directional
I had some Pirelli P7000's. They were ****ty. The Potenza are plenty strong and track very well. Stiff sidewalls.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Ceeberjeebers)

Thanks for the info Cebbers', anyone else with some ideas or info. What do you guys think about Audi RS4 9 spokes....???????

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Re: (hassenrennen)

Don't forget that Vanagon center bore is 60 mm.
You can run a spacer to move the wheel outwards so the wheel doesn't have to clear the axle nut flange, or you can have a the wheel machined to clear it.
Just make sure when you buy your wheels that you can make them fit.
35mm offset
5 x 112
60mm center bore
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.