VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get all my rub strips and mirrors painted. Also looking to get my notches filled and repainted hood. Someone, anyone PM me if you know someone or do work yourself. Pros only please, if I wanted a hack I would do it myself
Once place quoted me 1200$ for that, Im pretty sure that's steep for the little work. Thanks much!!

· Registered
2,747 Posts
Re: Any PNW Paint/Body Guy/Girl Looking for Side Work? (gannonjf)

$1200 is not bad at all because you have to take off the rubstrips take apart the doors to get the mirrors off and the custom work to the hood, I say thats not bad.
Jon

· Registered
8,247 Posts
Re: Any PNW Paint/Body Guy/Girl Looking for Side Work? (Jon D)

Quote, originally posted by Jon D »
$1200 is not bad at all because you have to take off the rubstrips take apart the doors to get the mirrors off and the custom work to the hood, I say thats not bad.
Jon
not to mention repainting the bumper because of the bumper notch that will be filled..

· Banned
10,022 Posts
Re: FV-QR (jettajny)

Quote, originally posted by jettajny »
These are the days of a modern economy.
We openly welcome the young and the clueless.

LOL!!!! So true!
Take it to the shop. I had someone do a sidejob for me (Joey Faye @ Stetner Autobody) and he took two years, did a crap job, my car is two different colors, tore my headliner, filled a body seam on one side and didnt bother with the other side, painted over rivets that did nothing, installed a fender with half the bolts, didnt paint the new OEM Scirocco MKI fender underneath (rust central), and the paint is now bubbling from rust even though the car has never been directly exposed to rain. I could go on. I just might too.
Take it to a shop, have them do it. You will get a warranty and not have to worry about not seeing your car for a very long time and getting it back halfway assembled.
I like Haurys autobody on Lake City way. Zak is awesome and they do great work. Quick turn around too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
10,022 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Dark Matter)

yeah, thats what I thought. I did a VR swap in a MKII for it. I thought that was very fair. Turns out I got the raw end. The dude even lost my front bumper!!
stick with a shop. dont screw around with side work and body work.

· Banned
3,925 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Rabbit 16v)

Quote, originally posted by Rabbit 16v »

Stetner Autobody

is a ****ing JOKE. i too have found the short end of the stick there, and i was paying full price.
i too got the bubble paint service, and was pretty much told to **** off when i confronted them about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.