VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (ginster_gtivr6)

None that I've heard of. My salesman checks the inventory several times
a day looking to see when ours will go from in-transit from port, to
center stock (Denver center), and said he'd contact me as soon as there's
a status change. None yet.
They left the Tuesday before last, so it's looking more and more like they
took their usual route which is by train, rather than by truck, which
apparently takes at least a couple weeks (why the train is so slow, I don't
know, but they say that's the normal interval). If they'd come by truck
I'd have been out playing in the snow with mine last night.
ian

·
Registered
18,555 Posts

Well, the end of the week is almost upon us.
Just out of curiosity, how much did McDonald tell you they were going to charge for an R32?
When I asked them a year ago (first dealer I called) they first told me not to worry about it..
they don't mark up their prices and they always get large allotments. When they learned only 5000 R32's
were coming, their tune *instantly* changed, and they basically admitted to me
they'd mark it up as much as they thought they could get away with. That's why
I took my business elsewhere.
ian

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (Daemon42)

damn ian! after all the knowledge / info you've provided for the board, sure wish you had yours already.
Always look forward to your feedback http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
320 Posts

They don't masrk up their prices, yeah right

They had a $1000 "market adjustment" on their last two 20AE GTI's, so I would expect at least that much for their first allotment of R32's. Maybe not markups as crazy as the San Fransisco Bay Area and Southern California right now, but I'm sure if they thought there was that kind of demand, they wouldn't have a problem with a $5000 markup.

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas, 2013 Audi allroad, 1974 Split Window Bus
549 Posts

I'm picking mine up (out of state) probably next Friday. Maybe I'll wheel it to Denver for an evening if people want to check it out. Unless Colorado finally gets theirs by then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (not_so_furious)

I have one on order from Ft. Collins (Blue leather). I am told that it is in transit from Houston to Denver and may be at the Denver port now.
I can't wait.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (COBlue32)

Our silver one is not here yet, it still shows in transit inland. Should be any day now.
We will be adding window tint and clear mask to the cars. Its done on every car here. Trust me the car looks much better tinted anyway.
If you put a deposit down on a incoming car, MSRP + Tint-Mask+D+H
If the car hits the showroom they will be marked up 1000 over.
Not my call, I just do as Im told, if you want one call me up and put down
a deposit and Ill see the car isnt marked up. First silver is still up for grabs.
All cars coming into CO will have leather. We have 7 in allocation right now and all are leather.
3 sold so far.

Modified by TRegKnowItAll at 3:20 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (TRegKnowItAll)

Quote, originally posted by TRegKnowItAll »

That's odd.. I called you guys last year and was told there would be no guarantee of MSRP (or MSRP+tint+mask)
with a deposit. Lost a sale there. I put my deposit down at Gebhardt in Boulder for
that very deal.
VW's really gotta stop shipping cars to Colorado by train. I'm about to explode from
frustration at not seeing hide nor hair of these cars nearly 2 weeks after they
left Houston.
ian

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote, originally posted by TRegKnowItAll »
Our silver one is not here yet, it still shows in transit inland. Should be any day now.
We will be adding window tint and clear mask to the cars. Its done on every car here. Trust me the car looks much better tinted anyway.
If the car hits the showroom they will be marked up 1000 over.
Not my call, I just do as Im told, if you want one call me up and put down
a deposit and Ill see the car isnt marked up. First silver is still up for grabs.
All cars coming into CO will have leather. We have 7 in allocation right now and all are leather.
3 sold so far.

Modified by TRegKnowItAll at 3:20 PM 2-13-2004

hhhmmmm...tempting...

·
Registered
911 Posts

Quote »
That's odd.. I called you guys last year and was told there would be no guarantee of MSRP (or MSRP+tint+mask)
with a deposit. Lost a sale there. I put my deposit down at Gebhardt in Boulder for
that very deal.

Sorry, I can't speak for everyone here, not all the sales people here are in tune to whats going on around the dealership. Some of them can't even tell you much about the car.
On the other hand some of us are here to try and actually help customers.

Modified by TRegKnowItAll at 3:43 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
8 Posts

My R32 is at the dealers now.

Must be prepped and checked prior to pickup.
The last bit of the wait is really difficult.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (COBlue32)

That's great news. If yours is here, then so should be everyone else's.
Which dealer is yours?
ian

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

I think Tynan's has a red one that may be for sale.
I may buy one considering I need AWD, but need to see how the altitude kills some of the power as well with the weight of the car.
We'll see.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Re: Any R32's in Colorado yet? (Aluman)

Well, I've got a supercharged 12v VR6 that makes 250hp and 230 odd lb-ft of torque at sea level.
I lose the same amount of power as any other car due to the altitude, about 15% or nearly 40hp,
and my car is still plenty fast but its torque peak occurs right about the same time it hits the rev
limiter which can be kinda annoying.
The R32's got the same torque, if not a bit better, except it makes it at 2800 rpms, instead of
6000+ rpms so while my S/C VR6 may still be faster out on the open highway, the R32 is going
to kick its butt in the twisties and around town. Throw a chip, or chip and
exhaust in the R32, and I expect it to trounce my GTI. Transfer the
supercharger from the GTI to the R32, and all my altitude problems are solved.
If I ever actually get *bored* with it, sell the GTI, and put that money
into an HPA single turbo setup for the R32. Yes, I've given this some thought.

ian

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »
Well, I've got a supercharged 12v VR6 that makes 250hp and 230 odd lb-ft of torque at sea level.
I lose the same amount of power as any other car due to the altitude, about 15% or nearly 40hp,
and my car is still plenty fast but its torque peak occurs right about the same time it hits the rev
limiter which can be kinda annoying.
The R32's got the same torque, if not a bit better, except it makes it at 2800 rpms, instead of
6000+ rpms so while my S/C VR6 may still be faster out on the open highway, the R32 is going
to kick its butt in the twisties and around town. Throw a chip, or chip and
exhaust in the R32, and I expect it to trounce my GTI. Transfer the
supercharger from the GTI to the R32, and all my altitude problems are solved.
If I ever actually get *bored* with it, sell the GTI, and put that money
into an HPA single turbo setup for the R32. Yes, I've given this some thought.

ian

Ian,
From my understanding, FI brings back a lot of power that is generally lost My understanding is that you get more lag but much less power loss at altitude running any FI
But having the R32 weighing in at 3400 and more loss of power thru the drive trane, it seems like it may be a pig up here at altitude. Some local "unnamed" mechs say it is nothing to write home about.
Chip is fine but may yeild you maybe 5HP but at a 20% loss at 1 mile up that like 48 HP loss http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Turbo is great but only if your pockets are deep or you care less about your warranty.
I want something that will be quick out the box, does not need to be the fastest but at least something that will thrill me year round which the AWD does from one of the pluses of the R32.
When you get your's post up your impressions, I am going to test drive one and see if it really is worth going for

1 - 20 of 63 Posts